Thread: new to skeeter

new to skeeter

Thought i would ask.looking at 05 or newer zx 190 or 200. Comming out of 17 ft tin can w 90 yamaha.not been in a glass boat for a while except for a 95 gambler not real impreesed owner would not change srt up to fit boat.never been in a skeeter but hear good things and love the look.trying to find out pros and if any.fishing more tourys and definitely need more boat.speed isnt the only thing but helps.fishabilty and rough water handling a big consern.any advice will help.live in central nc and looking for a good deal thanks.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: new to skeeter (lonnie)

Although i dont have a ZX i have the SX 190 which is 18.5' with a 150....love the boat....i fish club tx's and it fishes fine....if there is a second person and their equipment it can get a little tight but nothing that cant get worked out....if i could i would go bigger...so my opinion is go as big as you can afford....skeeter makes an awsome boat....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Re: new to skeeter (fishin couillon)

I have the zx225 with an sho. I like the 20 ft boats it handles any water perfect and there is plenty of room. Ive had this boat on lake erie in 8 fters and ive ran threw 10" of water on plane down on santee cooper over the last six months. I have not one single complaint about it. Its the perfect size and setup wether you fish for fun or fish the tour I would recomend it to anyone

Re: new to skeeter (corybyrum)

i have a TZX 190. bought it new in 2004 and couldnt be happier. the front deck is enormous and has a ton of storage. ride is great for an 18ft boat. it doesnt ride like a 21ft boat but it rides better than any 18ft boat out there in my opinion. floats in almost no water and is easy to maneuver. fits my fishing style well. i did take the factory rod organizer out. you can fit a lot more rods in the locker with rod sleeves and the tubes bent some of the eyes on my rods. thats the only thing i didnt like about it. some people have trouble with the trailers but i havent had an issue.

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Re: new to skeeter (ChrisH)

+1 with Chris

6. Member

Re: new to skeeter (lonnie)

I'm fishing out of an 08 zx200 and absolutely love it. It's not the fastest boat on the lake but 68-69 mph ain't too bad. It's very stable and handles well. I also came out of an aluminum boat and there is a huge difference in stability and handling. I was looking for a boat with a larger front deck and much more storage than I had on my PT 175. Did I ever find it with the 200! It seemed like an aircraft carrier and I still appreciate the size of the deck and the huge amount of storage. Honestly, I set out with my mind almost made up to get a Bass Cat, but after I saw the Skeeter, I began to change my mind. That's not a knock on the Cat. I just preferred the Skeeter. The only real negative for me is that the 200 yammy, obviously, drinks a little more gas than my old 75 merc. But the difference in fishability outweighs the difference in gas consumption by a huge margin. It sits down pretty tight when I'm in the wind, so I'm not as worn down by operating the trolling motor. I could go on and on. Simply put, I love the dang thing!

7. Member

Re: new to skeeter (Bamafan1)

UThanks for all the help and personal options.hopefully in the next few mounths l can get rid of the tin can and find a new ride.maybe the next post i put up will be advice on set ups on new ride. until next time tight lines and cold brews