Bluewater LED Bow Nav Light Install Video

Here's a video of how to install the bow nav lights from Bluewater LED. May help someone who was wanting to do it, but not quite sure on how to install them. Enjoy!

2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Banned
    Added to the maintenance thread above; thanks

3. Member
    Make sure they meet USCG navigation regulations..... (Probably been addressed in a prior thread). Other than that I think they look good in the rubrail...

Nice vid.
    Sincerely,

Shawn Cartwright
    AKA "rabidsquirrel"

Check out my Bass Fishing Team's blog: http://cartwrightrealtyfishingteam.wordpress.com/

Great video but would be better with audio. Maybe it was just me.

6. Member
    I had my GoPro in the waterproof housing. That's why the sound was low.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

After breaking two strings of led lights inserted in the rub rail I mounted the last set on top of the rail. Just bumping a dock or tree branch is enough to make them stop working. I love the way they look though
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    After breaking two strings of led lights inserted in the rub rail I mounted the last set on top of the rail. Just bumping a dock or tree branch is enough to make them stop working. I love the way they look though
    That's been my concern all along. "Rubbing" something with the rub rail!!

9. Member
    The ones you broke, were they Bluewater LEDs? I just received some and have not installed yet but the cover over each bulb seems very durable.

10. Member
    I'm sent.

i have the uvs mounted above the rub rail and they have not been real durable. i have 3-4 out on each side. To be fair though i guess i am pretty rough on them

12. Member
    Being that this is my first boat, I baby the crap out of my boat!! I don't plan on rubbing them against anything. They are so far forward that the rub rail doesn't even have any marks in it! Hopefully they last me me a few years.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    No disrespect intended but I would not cut my rub rail like that, the install clearly looks unprofessional and butchered with globs of silicone on the ends as well as being vulnerable to dock damage. The lights are amazingly bright but no way would I ugly up my boat like that.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David g View Post
    No disrespect intended but I would not cut my rub rail like that, the install clearly looks unprofessional and butchered with globs of silicone on the ends as well as being vulnerable to dock damage. The lights are amazingly bright but no way would I ugly up my boat like that.
    None taken. But I wasn't about to pay anyone to do this for me. It was my first time doing that job, and if I wanted to start over again with a new rub rail I'd do a more professional job. With all the dings, scratches, scuffs, gelcoat chips my boat has, the last thing I'm worried about is how pretty or straight of a cut I made in the rub rail which doesn't even help me around the docks/piers we have here. It's typical to have a huge bolt/nail/screw etc sticking out the side of a dock that will gouge the boat way before the rub rail even get's close to it as a boat is passing or in the strong currents we have on our rivers. I don't baby my boat at all like some guys do, I fish close to cover, in stump fields, close to rock jetties (at times) and in the marsh. My boat is a tool to get me to the fish and back home safely. I get it that you wouldn't do that to your boat, and that's cool to each his own.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    Being that this is my first boat, I baby the crap out of my boat!! I don't plan on rubbing them against anything. They are so far forward that the rub rail doesn't even have any marks in it! Hopefully they last me me a few years.
    Well, that is pretty interesting.

The last 2 sets of Bluewaters I installed for customers in my shop...one in Ranger and one in a Nitro....they didn’t want them in the rail but below it.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I'm glad Ranger started putting the LED's on the sides of the hull. At least when I tear up my rubrail...Im not tearing up the LED's.

18. Member
    I glued mine above the rub rail too, somehow a branch or somethjng still ripped the starboard side off
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO