ZX 225 Power-Pole Install

Saturday we installed an 8' Blade with powder coated Minn Kota Talon tilt bracket on a 2007 ZX 225. We used the 7" setback 5" rise adaptor plate on the Slidemaster jack plate. The tilt bracket lined up with the Power-Pole holes and we used the bolts that came with the tilt bracket. We mounted the pump on the metal piece that the battery charger was on. We also ran the hydraulic lines through the rub rail cover so we didnt have to drill any holes in the fiberglass. This install looked great and it was the first time we used the tilt bracket. If you have any questions about Power-Poles or EZ-Troll products feel free to message me.

EZ-Troll Outdoors
    http://eztroll.com/
    BBC Sponsor and Made in The USA
    Power-Pole Dealer
    Bluewater LED Dealer

2. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Nice looking set up great referance

I made a short cut to the accessory and rigging pined above

Awesome

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

Have you had any trouble with the longer bracket? I used the short one because I was worried about it bending.
    Pro as in promotional ;-)

I had this bracket on my last boat, which was a BassCat Sabre, and it would move around but I never noticed it bending.

Cant wait to put one on my boat.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

7. Member
    Looks like you are running 3 batteries, and a 24v trolling motor? I'm asking because I run a 36v trolling motor and 4 batteries, which made it tuff to get one power pole motor in the back. Anyone running my same rig have two?
    Any wayou ice set up you have there Capt. You'll love that power pole on the first windy day you go out. actually you'll wonder how you fished without it.
    2008 Skeeter ZX 225
    www.fishinthesouth.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntc View Post
    Have you had any trouble with the longer bracket? I used the short one because I was worried about it bending.
    Hunter,
    You said you used a shorter bracket. Exactly which one did you use? Got the model number?

I just installed a Power Pole Blade on my 2005 ZX 225. The Adapter bracket I used is: Pk - S-N2 -6 - P -BLK ( the P is the PORT side ). if you plan to install on the Starboard, then it's the S...

I also installed a Toggle Switch to cut the power when not in use:

Let me know if you have questions, etc..

Jeff

10. Member
    I like the switch!

here are a few pics of my pumps, just to give others an idea of how i did it.. maybe it will help some of you.

11. Member
    Was trying to remember where I saw the tilt bracket being used. This is what the doctor ordered for me. I have a 10 ft PP Blade installed on my Atlas JP. For low bridges and to fit in garage, I have to lower the pole. So, is the bracket that mount to JP a talon? Can't tell if all one bracket or the tilt part a separate piece. Please help.

If you are using the c-monster pump which is the standard pump it goes in to hibernation after 6 hours (default) or you can download the c-monster app and change the time for hibernation, update the software, control it by voice or whatever you want. Just putting this out there so ppl don't do the extra work installing switches like you had to do on the old pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG4Life View Post
    Was trying to remember where I saw the tilt bracket being used. This is what the doctor ordered for me. I have a 10 ft PP Blade installed on my Atlas JP. For low bridges and to fit in garage, I have to lower the pole. So, is the bracket that mount to JP a talon? Can't tell if all one bracket or the tilt part a separate piece. Please help.
    The tilt part is a separate piece made for the Minn-Kota Talon, but bolts right on to a Power-Pole bracket
    EZ-Troll Outdoors
    Power-Pole Dealer
    Bluewater LED Dealer

I just saw that someone asked me a question on here back in 2013. Woops I missed that one. I don't remember the model number...
    Pro as in promotional ;-)

15. Member
    Ok, where do I get one and how much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG4Life View Post
    Ok, where do I get one and how much does it cost?
    I actually have the one that was used on this Skeeter for sale. The customer sold the boat, but kept the tilt bracket. It has been powder coated black, but it is used of course. I can sell this one for $100 shipped. A new one is about $230 plus shipping.

EZ-Troll Outdoors
    Power-Pole Dealer
    Bluewater LED Dealer