pro xs or sport xs whats the difference

Looking at a 04 bullet with a 200 sport xs whats the difference in a sport xs and a pro xs new to mercury motors. Also if l do get the boat what kind of horse power build up options do i have. Done a little engine work to my 90 yamaha and liked the results haven't seen many opinions for the newer fule ingection engins thanks for the help and advice tight lines and cool brews for all

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: pro xs or sport xs whats the difference (lonnie)

SportXS engines are RACING division engines, equipped with a Sportmaster Gearcase.

ProXS engines are PRODUCTION line engines (built on the Racing Division's design powerhead), with production line (and in some cases, Torquemaster) gearcase.

More specific information may be available if you can provide the serial number of the engine in question.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor