Thread: power poles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

power poles

ok lets start the debate besides the fact that 2 power poles look freakin awsome, is it really necessary and any guys that own 1 how satisfied are you , the point to all of this is finally i got my boat, now its time for some tools to put on it, the next few months are going to be new electronics and im very interested in power poles or minn kota talons , with the winds ive had my last 2 tournys thos poles probly would really helped me out

2. Member

Re: power poles (spillway_pirate)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by spillway_pirate &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">ok lets start the debate besides the fact that 2 power poles look freakin awsome, is it really necessary and any guys that own 1 how satisfied are you , the point to all of this is finally i got my boat, now its time for some tools to put on it, the next few months are going to be new electronics and im very interested in power poles or minn kota talons , with the winds ive had my last 2 tournys thos poles probly would really helped me out </td></tr></table>

Fish with a guy that has one

then fish with a guy that has two, World of a difference. if you dont have the money for two, then dont go in debt for it!!! but they work!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right......once is enough!"

Re: power poles (90xpress)

if the wind is blowing, having two puts you at a distinct advantage if you are trying to stay in one place and face one particular direction.

4. Member

Re: power poles (barchief)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by barchief &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">if the wind is blowing, having two puts you at a distinct advantage if you are trying to stay in one place and face one particular direction.

</td></tr></table>

OR HARD CURRENT

5. Member

Re: power poles (90xpress)

Installed one talon on my tin rig, all what the other guys state about having 2 of them is true EXCEPT one is better than none. I set the one and then use a little TM power to keep me on spot. I chose the talon over the power pole because I didn't want all the ancillary equipment in my boat and I prefer to shoot the rod straight down in lieu of angle arm.

Talon

one is better than none,two is definately better than one, and go power poles over talon

7. Member

Re: power poles (toledo freak)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by toledo freak &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">one is better than none,two is definately better than one, and go power poles over talon </td></tr></table>

TALONS FALL OFF BOATS

JUST SAYIN'

8. Member

Re: power poles (toledo freak)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by toledo freak &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">one is better than none,two is definately better than one, and go power poles over talon </td></tr></table>

Why Power Pole and not Talon?

9. Member

Re: power poles (oiltech09)

I live my power pole, wish I had 2

10. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by oiltech09 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Why Power Pole and not Talon?</td></tr></table>

THEY FALL OFF!!! i know others on here heard and read the the talons were falling off!,

i think the hydraulic is a little more reliable

11. Member

It seems like I read somewhere (and maybe i'm wrong) that the mud the gets inside when it retracts can mess it up. Hell, maybe that was just someone's concern. That was one factor.

Ronnie

12. Member

draw back on talon is that they cant be lowerd to go under limbs , pier or a bridge power poles are the way to go

13. Member

Re: power poles (bigal ranger19)

I had heard about them falling off and I am keeping an eye on mine. So far no loose hardware. I have also seen the pictures of busted or dissolved looking hyd. hose on the Power Poles. Talon makes a swivel bracket that allows you to rotate the Talon to go under low obstacles. I didn't install that on mine and so far that has not been an issue. Another reason I went with the talon is I didn't have the room inside for the hyd unit.

14. Member

There were 10 times more Talons than PPs last week on Toledo. They cant be that bad. I'm going PP though, and it won't be long.

15. Member

I have two power poles and luv it.....i wouldnt cha nge anything

16. Member

Re: power poles (Bada$$Bullet)

Kyle are going to put 2 PP's or one?

17. Member

I plan on getting 2 in a few months and wasn't sure which brand (PP or Talon) until I seen this pic. It's pretty obvious why these Poles should hold this boat in place better than 2 Talons.

18. Member

1 for now.

19. Member

Re: power poles (Bada$$Bullet)

Where am I wrong? Why doesn't power pole come out with a unit that instead of having a pole has a blade then you would not need 2(Maybe that is why )? Then the boat would be less likely to spin around in the wind. Maybe because of the force it would take to hold a boat in one direction with just one blade?
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

20. Member

No matter which you go with, you will eventually have problems with them. My choice is PP though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast