USA Weight question when upgrading to Ionic Lithium Batteries 2015 21FXi

I have a 2015 Skeeter 21FXi.
    Last year I upgraded the cranking battery to a 125A Ionic Lithium battery. I love it! Always have enough power to run all of my electronics during a tournament.
    Now, I'm installing 3 50Ah Ionic batteries for the trolling motor. Has anyone else done this in their Skeeter? Esentally I'm taking 153lbs out of the rear of the boat. I've read that some people have lost top end speed, while others have not. I'm also curious if it effects the center of balance in the boat? I would assume that I could just run the boat with the livewells full to add weight back.

It's never been the fastest boat. 67 to 69mph with a full tournament load.
    Unfortunately, i'm not going to get a chance to run it with the new batteries before my 1st tournament of the year this weekend.
    I'd appreciate some feedback from those that have made the change.
    https://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=a2c75a1af14eaa119a16dcf07a6807f9

2. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    There was a good discussion in the lounge or general bass boat topics I can’t remember which one. But Rick Pierce made a great point about removing weight in the rear when going to lithiums and the need to redo your boats set up. Made the point that the engine needs lowered due to weight removal and allowing the engine (rear of boat as well) to be higher. Need to get the prop and skeg back down in the water.

Seems to be case by case on losing speed/performance etc. These boats were engineered and designed accounting for all that weight in the back. However there is vast majority of bass boats running lithiums with no issue.

3. Member
    Just did my 21 FXR20 limited one 125 amp for electronics only and have a starting battery x2 31 , and Yes 3 --50 amp for my trolling motor
    Does get on plane faster, rides better , Speed I really didn't look for faster speeds so far don't need to go fast to many other boats jet skiers and what not that just don't care . So anyway just got to find the sweet spot and your golden on trim .

4. Member
    ^^^^ “this”. It will not go faster if that is what you are trying to accomplish.. you will probably lose some lift unless you move most of your stuff to the back compartments. It seems to be more nimble.

5. Member
    On my Skeeter 22' walleye boat I had to drop my engine height 1/2" with the change to lithium's. Gained 1 mph

6. Member
    I did the exact same thing (1 x 125ah and 3 x 50ah) this year on my ZXR20. The hole shot is better but I've lost 2-3 MPH when running flat out, which I don't do often but did it to test the new battery set up. I'm still a 70's+ boat. I can tell the bow doesn't ride as high but it hasn't affected the rough water ride i/m/o. When by myself at idle or moving slowly it seems to have a touch of starboard lean (I weigh @ 180lbs). With my partner (who weights @ 220) it doesn't seem to have a lean. To me, filling the livewell doesn't have a noticeable effect on any of the above.

7. Member
    I have a 2018 ZX250. I upgraded the same set up + one additional Ionic 100 ah. I didn't lose any top end speed. Still get 71 with two people and 74/75 by myself.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250