Syncing screwed up dates of waypoints

I recently connected my HDS Pro to WiFi and hit the “sync” button to sync my waypoints to my account so they’d show in the Lowrance app on my phone.

I was really irritated to find that it changed the date/time for EVERY waypoint to the date/time that I performed the sync. It’s sometimes helpful to check a waypoint’s info to see when I dropped it. Now everything has the same date/time.

Not sure if this is a bug or Lowrance is doing it on purpose, but it needs to be changed.
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    This happens whenever you export or do anything to your data. The best practice is to document any Permanant data into the notes box. That will never change if you backed up your data for a back up that would change also. You may not like this the way it is set up and the next guy will want the dates changed so he knows when he did something to the data. The way it is is no different as to who computers change dates from a process position vs static one time only the first time.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    This happens whenever you export or do anything to your data. The best practice is to document any Permanant data into the notes box. That will never change if you backed up your data for a back up that would change also. You may not like this the way it is set up and the next guy will want the dates changed so he knows when he did something to the data. The way it is is no different as to who computers change dates from a process position vs static one time only the first time.
    It would make sense to have a "created date/time" and a "modified date/time". The more I think about this the madder I get.
    2023 Puma STS