Thread: A10 switch

A10 switch

im going to try to make this short bought my 2002 cougar back hasnt been used since 2019 pumps dont work so i replaced also had to replace A10 and my problem is that the horn and bilge is inop looking at pin out diagram of the A10 has pin 14 as always hot from battery but its not and if i remember correctly there is supposed to be a red wire at battery terminal but i cant find it so i ran a jumper up to pin 14 and all works now. So my question is pin 6 is accessories output orange so cut the orange and jumped pin 14 and 6 together and all works just have to put acc on woudering if this is ok to do other than fishing a new power wire feom battery up to pin 14 thanks

2. Member
    Are you saying pin 14 has no voltage? If so, check the ground at the terminal block on the transom. Any corrosion will cause issues. You could also have a broken ground wire at the block. Take off each ground wire, clean and put back on. I would do this to see if it solves the problem. You might not have to jump anything which to me would be preferred. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    There are two red wires leaving the terminal block and only one red wire entering the terminal block from the battery. There should be a "jumper" from the incoming red wire to the second red wire. I would definitely check that out and make sure that the crimps are good for contact.

4. Member
    I have already cleaned the block there are 2 red wires neither are hot but did a continuity test and one goes to the console for the aA10 the other one I don't know where it goes so there is a battery hot missing from battery to the block i can install a jumper but there isn't a jumper between the red wires and i don't know what the other red is for so i don't want to power it up till i know its purpose thanks

The dash should have dual hot wires that function it. One power positive and one hot through the master switch. Check the harness itself by using a voltmeter with the power on, and testing for voltage incoming on the harness plug.

6. Member
    thanks everyone I found that there was a wire missing from +battery to the terminal block all good now thanks everyone for the help the last person to own boat must have removed it to clean the block and never reinstalled it