Thread: Academy

Academy

Stopped by a nearby Academy yesterday and they had CCI #200 large rifle primers. $69.99 per 1000 if your store sells them that way. $8.99 if selling buy the sleeve. I had a discount code so I got 2000 at $60.23 each. I know the CCI small pistol primers are priced the same way.
    They also had 410, Cheddite brand I believe it was at $13.something a box. They had #6, 7-1/2 and 8 shot that I noticed along with some Winchester. Usually all the stores near me seem to get the stock in at or near the same time.

2. Member
    I go to Academy ALL the time and NEVER find large rifle primers. IF I did I would grab all of them. I guess I'll check again tomorrow.

$70/1000 is not a bad price in todays world. I have hoards of them with $20 price tags and powder with $12-$22 stickers. Those days, I'm afraid are gone. I wish we had an academy near, the town north of me was rumored to be getting one. As of now, still nothing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    $70/1000 is not a bad price in todays world. I have hoards of them with $20 price tags and powder with $12-$22 stickers. Those days, I'm afraid are gone. I wish we had an academy near, the town north of me was rumored to be getting one. As of now, still nothing.
    Yeah I had to buy some of the Small pistol primers at these elevated prices. When Rainier ballistics went under just before covid I bought a bunch of 9mm and 40 s&w bullets at clearance prices. I was a few thousand small pistol primers short. I was hoping for another Academy coupon to buy more primers for the bullets and then covid happened. I never got another coupon and when I went to get the primers at regular price they were all gone. I have a box marked $13.97. Of course it's an empty box.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    $70/1000 is not a bad price in today’s world. I have hoards of them with $20 price tags and powder with $12-$22 stickers. Those days, I'm afraid are gone. I wish we had an academy near, the town north of me was rumored to be getting one. As of now, still nothing.
    If you’re talking the rumored Bloomington store I was waiting for that one as well. Don’t have to wait for that one now, for me as they opened one in Greenwood which is a little closer to me. Plus, it’s across US 31 from the Sportsman’s Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    If you’re talking the rumored Bloomington store I was waiting for that one as well. Don’t have to wait for that one now, for me as they opened one in Greenwood which is a little closer to me. Plus, it’s across US 31 from the Sportsman’s Warehouse.
    That was the rumor I was talking about, I think it would do well there.