Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T-Mobile home internet. Opinions?

I could save $700.00 a year by switching to T-Mobile home internet from Spectrum (cable based). Looking for real world input from anyone that’s made the jump.
    Thanks!

2. Member
    Yep i have been considering it too. Only other option my house is windstream/kinetic and they SUCK !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    We had it for 2 yrs it was good ,bad,really good,very bad,good then bad again.In their defense we were pretty far from their tower.I know folks that are close to their towers and have no issues and are very pleased with it.They finally emailed me and said there was nothing they could do to get us a better signal.

4. Member
    If you're not running multiple TVs streaming and game systems on it all at once, it will be fine. When we did that everything lagged or won't load.

If you're just running a few things it's totally worth it.

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    If you're not running multiple TVs streaming and game systems on it all at once, it will be fine. When we did that everything lagged or won't load.

not the case for us,, it will run 3 tv's 2 laptops, wireless printer and the security camera system with no issues,,
    it works great here.. unlimited data and no price increases guaranteed.. if you have their upper tiered phone plans you can get it even cheaper.. we have the 5g plan and our internet is $30 a month but the $50 a month no phone plan is still an excellent deal.
    you can get a 15 day free trial, no strings, so why not try it..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    Thanks Lakefolk…
    I’ve signed up for the 15 day free trial. Will install on Wednesday. Nice that I don’t have to interrupt my current service to compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    not the case for us,, it will run 3 tv's 2 laptops, wireless printer and the security camera system with no issues,,
    it works great here.. unlimited data and no price increases guaranteed.. if you have their upper tiered phone plans you can get it even cheaper.. we have the 5g plan and our internet is $30 a month but the $50 a month no phone plan is still an excellent deal.

7. Member
    Year three. All good with multiple devices. Their website said my location was just outside the service area, but we tried and it works just fine. Just ran speedtest.net, 54 dwn, 12 up, good enough.

8. Member
    Switched from AT&T and love the T-Mobile home internet. We have been on their cellular service for some time and when we saw the home internet available in our area, I jumped on it immediately. Local store was very helpful and the unit runs circles around the old AT&T broadband. Have 5G coverage at our house and the unit will run 2 tvs, computers, etc. simultaneously with no problem.

9. Member
    WisconsinF they must be killing you guys down there. I pay $55 a month for their fastest speed up here. Been that way for 3 years now. That’s just internet and the modem, no tv or anything, from spectrum.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

10. Member
    99....I'm at $85.00-$90.00 a month for Spectrum internet only. The T-Mobile will be $30.00 based on adding to our cell phone plan. (They wanted $50.00 because we don't have the premium cell plan but I did some hemmin and hawwin and the service rep dropped it to $30.00) We're not heavy users so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. $600.00 will pay for two of my 5 day fishing trips to Vilas county! (Camping of course)

Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    WisconsinF they must be killing you guys down there. I pay $55 a month for their fastest speed up here. Been that way for 3 years now. That’s just internet and the modem, no tv or anything, from spectrum.
    Last edited by WisconsinF; 07-22-2023 at 06:14 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    99....I'm at $85.00-$90.00 a month for Spectrum internet only. The T-Mobile will be $30.00 based on adding to our cell phone plan. (They wanted $50.00 because we don't have the premium cell plan but I did some hemmin and hawwin and the service rep dropped it to $30.00) We're not heavy users so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. $600.00 will pay for two of my 5 day fishing trips to Vilas county! (Camping of course)
    Wow that amount for just internet is stupid. If they try that to me when mine runs out again I’ll probably try the same as you. I’ve been with Sprint (now t mobile) for like 12 years and we are locked in a very low plan also. Good to know they can also be negotiated with. I will be keeping an eye on this, my current plan expires in October. I hope it works good for you. We don’t use that much bandwidth. At most 2 streaming services at a time.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

For us, it’s good enough to stream things like Netflix, etc. but not capable of streaming Live TV. I also can’t login to my remote server at the office from my house. Other than that, it’s good enough for your basics. A heavy thunderstorm will take it out though. It’s the only option we have where we live, so I can’t complain too much.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    Works great in Oklahoma! There's an occasional lag during live TV on YouTubeTV but nothing to complain about

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 01-29-38 internet speed test - Google Search.pngThis is T-Mobile on the "unlimited" $50 a month plan. Before they added a closer tower I was at 75mps or so. I've had it for about 6 months and it has been amazing. I live on a little road that will probably never see a fiber or wired option. I'm quite happy
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    If we were to switch , do you have to buy equipment (router/modem) to be able to use or does it come with signing up ? Thinking of trying for sure , we pay 110 mo for LOUSY windstream/kinetic.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    If we were to switch , do you have to buy equipment (router/modem) to be able to use or does it come with signing up ? Thinking of trying for sure , we pay 110 mo for LOUSY windstream/kinetic.
    It comes with everything you need. The router/modem is included, kind of looks like an unobtrusive bluetooth speaker. When I signed up at the store, they set everything up for me right there. Creating an account and phone app install on my verizon phone. So all I had to do was go home and plug in. Btw, don't rely a lot on the signal strength display on the router. I found that we get great speed and reliablilty sitting on our first floor kitchen table although upper floor window showed another bar of signal strength.
    One thing I like is they won't allow the service to be oversold, they won't give you "unlimited" if the network could get overloaded. Initially my address didn't qualify and I paid $150/month until they added more towers (or space opened up.) Like Meadows, when our previous wireless provider folded we didn't have much choice. Luckily, T-mobile gives me greater speed at a reduced price than I had before. I believe their website will let you punch in your address to see if the $50 "unlimited" plan is available to you now.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    no,, the router is free (comes with the signup). I put mine in the same cabinet our old modem and router was in due to the security camera hookups. it works great in the cabinet even running all the stuff I listed,, we've had it for 3 weeks now and haven't seen any buffer yet..
    try the free trial,, it's actually free, if you don't like it simply return it,, we have had good service from the T-Mobile store right by Target/Lowes etc, in BA right next to the expressway.. (Broken Arrow Hills)

I will say that I didn't realize how much stuff I have connected to wifi until I started switching everything over
    Last edited by lakefolk; 07-23-2023 at 10:43 AM.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

All I’ve ever heard is that Spectrum is not consistent enough for reliable internet wifi. Never had it just hearsay.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post

Pretty much our experience. It can be spotty. Days where 3 tvs and 2 laptops are connected, streaming etc with zero problems. Then next day, everybody in the house is complaining. I can step out of my backdoor and see a tower. But, we don't have anything else to go too, so...

20. Member
    I pay $120 a month total. 2 unlimited phone plans and home internet included. I also got free Netflix for life thrown in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast