Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just sold my boat

Earlier this year I purchased a new boat in March. I kept my old boat a 2003 Tracker TV-18 which I purchased new. My son used it over the summer to fish smaller lakes so we didn't sell it then. Well less than an hour ago I sold the TV-18 and watched it drive away. Many memories and trips in that boat to include my 3 kids first fish they caught and vacations with them. Maybe I'm just a bit sentimental but it bothered me to see it drive down the road. Anyone else ever feel that way when you sell a boat?

2. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar
    The two happiest days . . . . but yes, it's always sad to actually see the tail lights of your boat headed down the drive

3. Banned
    Not yet, can’t sell mine. Wife was 8 months pregnant with our first when we bought it and she’s now 25. Both kids grew up in that thing and now to big but would sleep under the passenger console.
    My son just told the sleep story to his girlfriend. He was in with his girlfriend, both on leave from the Army and we went out. Probably never sell it!

4. Member
    I miss the memories of my Targa V18 with my kids as they were growing up. That being said, they like the new Bass Cat a lot better.

Yeah I know the feeling. I sold a ProCraft several years ago that I had bought new. When he pulled out on the road and drove out of sight I just sat on the porch feeling pretty sad.

6. Member
    Yes sold one with lots of memories.raised 2 boys fishing one still loves it the other wants to go catch not want to fish. (Bream or crappie when there going good) my oldest could fish all day never to hot or cold. Oldest fished in college. Both have ski boats now and I have the fishing boat. Best times.
    Last edited by RNKingCx19; 12-05-2022 at 06:06 PM.

7. Member
    I insured a lot of car dealers. The first thing they learn is not to get attached to inanimate objects. However I have never been able to do it. I miss every motorcycle, boat and muscle car that I have ever owned.

8. Member
    Yes it always bothered me to sell any vehicle I have had for quite a few years. I guess not ever having children made it worse if that makes sense.

9. Member
    Yes always sad to see her go but you get to keep the memories.

10. Member
    Always a sense of regret -However if you’re not really using the boat a ton it makes it easier to let go

11. Member
    My first ranger r 72 sport. Absolutely loved that boat. Could fish almost any pond because of its size. Really loved that boat and hated to see it go. But on a bright note I sold it to the son of my neighbor at camp who is like my little brother and I think he actually loves it more than I did so I guess that's a win. Material goods come and go just dont forget the good memories.

12. Member
    Lost my first boat, Delta Wedge, to an on water accident getting literally ran over on the water. Replacement 360 Ranger & my motorhome got lost to getting hit almost directly head on on the highway by a guy coming left of center. Next up 520 Ranger with a 225 opti-FlOP (2002). Then a 521VX, now a 521L . Miss the Wedge as was my first, miss the 360 as had it 14 years & definatly the most memories. After 2 years of opti-FLOP problems I left burnout marks in dealer parking lot leaving when I traded the opti-FLOP for the 521 with a HPDI. Have experienced the lows & the highs. At least making new memories again.

13. Member
    Two boats that I think back on fondly, first was my first boat that my dad and I bought together. 14' semi-V that we would take fishing at the private strip mine clubs where we had memberships. There were many trips with my friends in high school in that boat, lots of good times. The other was another 14' semi-V that belonged to my best bud's grandfather. Once he was no longer able go fishing due to his health, he gave it to my friend. We fished out of that boat all the time and caught tons of fish, sad day when an old rotten tree fell in a windstorm and landed right in the middle of the boat.

14. Member
    Asked my wife to marry me while out musky fishing in our '67 14ft Alumacraft...and caught my PB musky in it...still sits in the back but no use in last two years (used it to fish local quarries instead of the glass boat)...have been seriously considering selling it lately due to some financial struggles

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

15. Member
    When I sold my Champion I might of had to wipe tears from my eyes. I owned that boat for 23 years and memories of all the tournaments and fishing trips as well as the family outings flashed before my eyes. I knew I was going to get a new boat but it didn’t matter watching that boat drive away.
    Last edited by bware; 12-05-2022 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Attempt to keep my man card

16. Member
    Tears rolled down my face when my Ranger was totaled in april of 2021. I ordered the boat new in 2015 and it was always my dream to get a new rig. When I was in college I had ordered broachers from all the bass boat manufactures. I took the pages apart and used the pics of the boats running as wallpaper around my room. It was motivation to do well.

I had intended to buy my ranger back on the salvage auction as I researched what others were selling for at was always seemed to be about 1500. I bid up to 3k but it went for 5k. No way the boat there was some part out value to it and I hid the graphs in a compartment.

On July 30th 2021 my wife and I were headed to the skeeter dealership to pick up the new rig I ordered to replace my ranger. As we were comming up the highway to get on the interstate my ranger was on a flatbed headed the other direction. It was so strange seeing it one last time as we were headed the other direction to get the new boat.

17. Member
    Sure do miss my 2007 17ft xpress with a 60hp 4 stroke yamaha, was my first boat ever and purchased it when my daughter was still young enough that she wanted to hang out with Dad…. Lots of funny videos of a my silly girl dancing, cheering, making pretend fishing commercials , and in all those hours she only caught 2 fish and broke 2 poles…lol. I remember driving home with it and about 1/2 mile down the road she said “ Dad did we just buy this boat?”….with a big big smile! Good times .

18. Member
    man, don't know how you parted with that. All 3 kids first fish and family time. I couldn't let it go.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

19. Member
    Yup working on selling my fishhawk right now but I will pickup a cheap tiller so my oldest can fish until I get the new boat.

20. Member
    Bought my Tracker Tournament V17 in 1991 and replaced it with my new Vexus in 2020. 29 years I had that boat. I was not sentimental about selling it nor do I miss it. I think the Vexus solved that.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast