Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aluminum BCB Trailer Option

Could anyone post pics of the aluminum trailer build? Interested in that option but would like to view some detailed pics.
    Thanks Wayne

2. Member
    What do you think on the quality?

Best trailer I have ever had including the BCB standard steel trailer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Best trailer I have ever had including the BCB standard steel trailer.
    Thank you for the information!
    Wayne

5. Member
    I have the Aluminum upgrade on my 2018 EYRA. It was one of the main reasons I sold my 2014 and bought the 2018. All BCB trailers are very high quality but I'll add that my Aluminum is the best pulling, easiest loading trailer that I've had with all of my BCB's. The quality is very high and BCB did a great job making an aluminum trailer look spectacular.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

6. Member
    Hey Folks,

Just curious, is the main reason for this upgrade the corrosion resistance? Saltwater/brackish launches? I never knew this was an option. Looks like an awesome build from the images posted.

-Craig

7. Member
    Is it torsion axle or leaf spring?
    Does the boat sit lower than the steel trailer?

Torsion axle. It sits at about the same height as the steel trailer. Main reason I have one is a launch in brackish water often. The brackets that hold the boards on the trailer rust very fast on a steel trailer. This eliminates that. Additionally, the frame of a steel trailer will eventually start rusting because of road debris dinging the paint and the saltwater does its thing. The alum trailer looks good and is built like a tank. I thinks any dealership near the coast should order their boats with this option.

9. Member
    How much is this upgrade? Wish I knew about this option before purchasing mine earlier this year.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig N View Post
    Hey Folks,

Just curious, is the main reason for this upgrade the corrosion resistance? Saltwater/brackish launches? I never knew this was an option. Looks like an awesome build from the images posted.

-Craig
    I just ordered a Caracal that will have the aluminum trailer option. As iron banks mentioned brackish and saltwater a great reason to upgrade. My reasoning for the upgrade salt and chloride treaded midwest roads. Salt treatments start in the late fall and extend into spring here. I’m a long term owner and this is a great option for myself and others for winter road conditions. And the build quality of this trailer is excellent as is their steel trailers. I previously had a road armor covered trailer for fourteen years and it is a good coating overall. The problem with road armor once water intrusion gets under it corrosion starts quickly. Combine that moisture with salt and soon repairs are needed to keep the structural integrity intact. Thanks to iron banks for providing pics and information on the aluminum option.
    Wayne

To me its a no brainier regardless where you fish. To be honest aluminum trailer should be standard rather an option on all good boats.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

12. Member
    Spot on Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    To me its a no brainier regardless where you fish. To be honest aluminum trailer should be standard rather an option on all good boats.

13. Member
    Yes sir, I live in the same general area as Iron Banks and about half of the time I am launching in a brackish environment. I fish Venice and Delacroix a bunch and those are the most harsh as well as some of the marshes down below Morgan City. If I lived in the central part of the country where there are no brackish waters and not many salt treated roads then I would possibly stay with steel. But so far I see no down side to owning the Aluminum trailer in my 2 1/2 years of ownership.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig N View Post
    Hey Folks,

-Craig
    ��

Yes sir, I live in the same general area as Iron Banks and about half of the time I am launching in a brackish environment. I fish Venice and Delacroix a bunch and those are the most harsh as well as some of the marshes down below Morgan City. If I lived in the central part of the country where there are no brackish waters and not many salt treated roads then I would possibly stay with steel. But so far I see no down side to owning the Aluminum trailer in my 2 1/2 years of ownership.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

15. Member
    More pics provided by factory representative Jackson Braun.

Not sure but, this looks like (iron banks) finished trailer. Trailer main frame very well constructed with I-tube side rails and tube cross members. Swing tongue construction same as the steel trailers. No lose bunk brackets all one piece welded construction. Torsion axles bolted directly to the I-tube. Welds neat and clean with reinforcement plates at critical areas. Drain holes in all low tubes for drainage. Couple of upgrades a pair of back up floods and a Fulton XLT jack. Glass fenders and frame pinstripes with BCB emblem rounds out the cosmetics. Cut away view of the I-tube showing the internal raceway for wiring and brake lines.
    Last edited by WjColdWater; 12-17-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Certainly looks like my trailer. I don't get a sick feeling when I launch in brackish water

17. Member
    Very nice trailer upgrade BCB is on top of the list

NICE! Wayne!

Looks like the Bee's Knees !

Only thing I would pass on is the glass fenders.

I prefer metal fenders and non low profile ST tires.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Brackish water will take its toll on all steel painted trailers no mater how well they are painted or even if you wash it after every use. With that being said my BC trailer has held up better than most.
    IMG_RUST_173036191.jpgIMG_rust_173039925.jpg
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast