Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I didn't read all 4 pages but I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood

2. Member
    I learned to know all my immediate neighbors, so they can talk to me or I can talk to them if there is a potential issue between us. Did you ever talk to them before this thing started? Just knowing each other before it got to this point may have helped... but I guess that's all water under the bridge now

3. Banned
    Lots of naive people on here WRT thinking "talking it over with them" would be the smart move-that never work in the real world. They obviously know they are annoying everyone in the neighborhood, but simply are too obtuse to care-that puts them in a classification of being "totally unreasonable" (which means you CANNOT reason with them). Having a friendly chit chat with them would only put a target on your back needlessly-these types of people are only happy when they have drama in their life-and you will be their new hobby to mess with. Do everything you are doing anonymously but keep your head down and keep calling the cops- get other neighbors to do the same so the cops get tired of having to deal with it- maybe a stiff ticket will curb their behavior. Too many people get hung up on "how" people address problems, rather than the actual problem itself.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Then I’d call the cops and let the chips fall where they may.
    Oops!

-b-

5. Member
    I can't believe the beat down some of you are giving this man. He sent a letter who cares if he signed it or left a number or not. Riding an unlicensed vehicle (dirt bike, quad, whatever) is illegal period.
    That fact and the fact the kid is operating it dangerously by doing wheelies is enough to get the kid or someone else seriously injured. By law if seen operating in this manner by law enforcement the vehicle can
    be confiscated. The parents of this child need to be held accountable for allowing this wonton disregard for public safety as well as the safety of this child. This man gave them a heads up obviously they disregarded his kind gesture until the police got involved, probably with a warning. The fact that it has started up again shows me everything we need to know about them. Sir don't get yourself worked up over this nonsense this kind of disrespect is going on in every major city in this country and needs to be dealt with. Call the police that is what they get paid to do, Let them deal with the parents.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    I can't believe the beat down some of you are giving this man. He sent a letter who cares if he signed it or left a number or not. Riding an unlicensed vehicle (dirt bike, quad, whatever) is illegal period.
    That fact and the fact the kid is operating it dangerously by doing wheelies is enough to get the kid or someone else seriously injured. By law if seen operating in this manner by law enforcement the vehicle can
    be confiscated. The parents of this child need to be held accountable for allowing this wonton disregard for public safety as well as the safety of this child. This man gave them a heads up obviously they disregarded his kind gesture until the police got involved, probably with a warning. The fact that it has started up again shows me everything we need to know about them. Sir don't get yourself worked up over this nonsense this kind of disrespect is going on in every major city in this country and needs to be dealt with. Call the police that is what they get paid to do, Let them deal with the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Ok, I have a situation where a kid that lives around the corner from me is now the proud owner of a 4-wheeler. This machine is not street legal, the kid is, of course, a minor, and he rides without a helmet on public streets, all illegal. Breaking the law is thier issue, except when he’s up and down the street practicing wheelies in front of my house. I’m retired, and I have no desire to have my peace and quiet taken away by illegal activities. (I know, I sound like an old crotchety guy)

I sent a letter to his parents, asking them to let him ride anywhere he wanted, just not in front of my house. That way, he gets what he wants, and I get what I want. He and I assume his dad doubled down. In that letter, I gave them an option and made it clear I would have to contact law enforcement if forced to do so. They gave me no option. The cops shut it down for a couple of weeks, but now we’re back to square one.

The cops told me to let them know if it continues. I really didn’t want to involve them the first time, and I don’t want to do it now. The way I see it, my options are to send them a letter again outlining the options or simply turn it over to the law. What are your opinions on this?
    So what's the problem with him riding his ATV up and down the road? Is it a racing quad or a hunting quad? There is a huge difference.in sound levels. People ride atvs around our neighborhood all the time...I'm one of em...nobody cares...even the police officer that lived in the neighborhood just waved and went on about his business...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"Your suffering equals my happiness."

Kerry Goode
    Alabama running back 84-88
    ALS Survivor

8. Member
    Thanks for caring and being pro active because those parents obviously don’t. Love quads, stupid not so much.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Unless he put a name or address on that letter. How would they know who sent it?
    "I sent a letter to his parents, asking them to let him ride anywhere he wanted, just not in front of my house".

Well, the way he worded his post (my house) I ASSumed he announced who he was. See where that got me .

I have a barking dog I will trade you for wheelie boy.

Chances are the boy will stop in a week or so. The dog next door probably has at least eight more years before it dies.

Talking to people doesn't always work because there are a lot of stupid people in this world and you can't win with stupid people.

11. Member
    I’ve been there. Call the cops.

It surprises me that no one has suggested slinging a 3/4 oz Rat-L-Trap at him.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    It surprises me that no one has suggested slinging a 3/4 oz Rat-L-Trap at him.
    I was thinking about Tone getting a tricycle and, a fake toddler doll and a string. Pull the tricycle with the toddler on it out in front of the kid when he is racing down the street. Either he will wreck by trying to avoid it, or he will hit it and get the scare of his life.

lol riding dangerously by doing wheelies. You would probably have a stroke if you saw what we did when we were younger.

15. Member
    Notify LE, simple. As a former police officer, would rather deal with the family vs both families due to assaults, vandalism. Also would prefer not to perform emergency medical care for an atv accident for not wearing a helmet, they never end well. Nip it in the bud. Plenty of places where the atv can be driven legally, mom and dad need to step up and do that and not just provide a toy.

This stinks if they live right next door, 2 acre lots or not. You may live in zero lot lines, and if so, there should be lots of neighbors upset. I would wait until the kid is zipping up and down the street and call cops then. An expensive ticket would cure all ills, I believe. Let the LEO handle it. They said they would.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

17. Member
    The problem lies with the neighbor, not in how the OP sent the message. Decent people would have clamped down on their kid and put a stop to it. Apparently they don't give a shit and could be trouble so let the police handle it.

18. Member
    You can ride 4 wheelers, dirt bike, snowmobiles in ditches and spaces along highways in a lot of places, thank goodness you and this guy dont live in any of these locations.

19. Member
    THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Lots of naive people on here WRT thinking "talking it over with them" would be the smart move-that never work in the real world. They obviously know they are annoying everyone in the neighborhood, but simply are too obtuse to care-that puts them in a classification of being "totally unreasonable" (which means you CANNOT reason with them). Having a friendly chit chat with them would only put a target on your back needlessly-these types of people are only happy when they have drama in their life-and you will be their new hobby to mess with. Do everything you are doing anonymously but keep your head down and keep calling the cops- get other neighbors to do the same so the cops get tired of having to deal with it- maybe a stiff ticket will curb their behavior. Too many people get hung up on "how" people address problems, rather than the actual problem itself.

20. Member
    Kid May only have one parent. And riding while he/she/them is gone.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast