Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    I have a 2007 Triton TR186 and in the last couple years have had the same fuel smell in the rod locker and front trunk. I read most of these post and have checked all my fuel lines and hoses and no sign of fuel in the bilge. I believe the trapped fumes have deteriorated my fishing lines, ruin reel paint finish and is a major explosion hazard. Replacing the tank is not an option. So to get rid of the trapped fumes I cut the carpet out of the two little water drain/vents in front of each seat. I took off the fuel line inspection plate beside the driver seat and drilled it full of half inch holes, repainted it and remounted. I took off the fuel filler hose inspection plate behind the passenger seat to discover the factory vents in the plate were not even over the inspection hole and one side of the plate vents were covered up by the seat. I remounted the plate so at least one side of the plate vented. I then took out the back of the passenger rod holder mounting the rod holder face plate back on only. This made a big vent and is not noticeable and still functional as a passenger rod holder. No more trapped fumes, but smoking is not allowed.

2. Member
    2001 TR21, and have had that smell on port side rod locker since it was new..... Maybe one day i will break down and seal it off, but those fumes have to go somewhere???

3. Member

Help please

Just purchased a 2000 tr-21 and have the gas smell issue. Would you mind explaining where and what you had to use to put vents in your boat as well as sealing the rod locker off.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567