Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megabass vs. Nrx sensitivity

Just curious how these rods compare in sensitivity.. mainly destroyer and orochi xx line thanks
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

2. Member
    These are broad generalizations as specific models for both have differing sensitivities and there are different perceptions of what sensitivity is but IMO:
    - MB rods are generally not as sensitive as the Loomis counterparts. I have found many of the high end MB arenot even on par with GLX
    - Orochi XX is the exception dollar for dollar, again IMO,. I find them to be as sensitive as IMX and not too much less than GLX
    - Many seem to buy MB for the "it" factor and action not necessarily for the sheer sensitivity

3. Member
    Interested in seeing some more opinions on this... subscribed.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I've been trying the XX Tour Versatile and the XX Perfect Pitch for bottom contact stuff here at Toledo Bend. I much prefer my GLX854c JWR over the TV for hopping tx rigged lizards but the Perfect Pitch is nice for flipping jigs at the bushes and grinding a 3/4oz football jig along the bottom.

The TV is a nice rod for chucking 1/2 oz chatterbaits with a 4" swimbait trailer and Whopper Plopper 110s.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Member
    I think the megabass destroyer is on par with nrx. I have both and I’d much prefer the megabass honestly. Just the craftsmanship alone sets them apart. Bronzefly can chime in and give you his opinion on them. You wouldn’t be disappointed in any megabass rods

6. Member
    Recently sold all my NRXs and replaced with Destroyers. I haven’t really noticed a drop off in sensitively. The Megabass rods are balanced much better and feel better in hand though.

7. Member
    Destroyers are on another level than the XX rods. The XX rods are very nice sticks in their price range but there is quite a jump in a much crisper blank when you move to the destroyers. NRX still remain what all other rods are compared to in terms of sensitivity and for good reason. The destroyers are right up there with the NRX and there is not much of a drop off if any. The Conquest is now another option to consider as well. Different action and feel with the sensitivity we have come to expect. In my hands the Destroyers and NRX line are more closely related in terms of power/action/sensitivity. The conquest is a different animal and in a good way.

8. Member
    I bought a destroyer beast hunts and an orochi spec r already but haven't been able to use them yet for comparisons yet
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

9. Member
    Keep the comments coming guys wanna hear all of it good bad and ugly
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

10. Member
    If Mark could chime in on this to that would be nice
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

There are individual rods in the XX line that are more sensitive than others, the same for US Destroyer, the same for NRX. I've fished these rods extensively and generally speaking, the US Destroyer line is competitive with the NRX line as a whole in terms of sensitivity. Both are excellent series. We'll see how the new XX rods stack up to the old ones, and to some other rods in the Loomis line pretty soon

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    There are individual rods in the XX line that are more sensitive than others, the same for US Destroyer, the same for NRX. I've fished these rods extensively and generally speaking, the US Destroyer line is competitive with the NRX line as a whole in terms of sensitivity. Both are excellent series. We'll see how the new XX rods stack up to the old ones, and to some other rods in the Loomis line pretty soon
    as far as sensitivity goes, how does the Worm and Jig Orochii XX and the perfect pitch, stack up against the Destroyer FMJ in terms of jig/texas rig use??

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    as far as sensitivity goes, how does the Worm and Jig Orochii XX and the perfect pitch, stack up against the Destroyer FMJ in terms of jig/texas rig use??
    Not even close. The FMJ is one of the most sensitive rods in the US Destroyer series, it's simply amazing. Both the XX Perfect Pitch and Jig and Worm are both plenty sensitive without a doubt. The FMJ is significantly lighter, more crisp, and more sensitive than any XX in my hands.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Not even close. The FMJ is one of the most sensitive rods in the US Destroyer series, it's simply amazing. Both the XX Perfect Pitch and Jig and Worm are both plenty sensitive without a doubt. The FMJ is significantly lighter, more crisp, and more sensitive than any XX in my hands.
    crap. That was my fear... now I need a destroyer.

"Just as good as" says it all. Loomis is still the benchmark other companies wish to be..imho
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

16. Member
    I think every one of these threads uses the NRX as standard for Sensitivity

17. Member
    I use the nrx as a standard cause that's what most of my sticks are but wanted to branch out s little and try somethi g new
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NRX_fever View Post
    I use the nrx as a standard cause that's what most of my sticks are but wanted to branch out s little and try somethi g new
    Just curious, what do you feel is lacking in the NRX that you hope to get with a Megabass?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike son View Post
    Just curious, what do you feel is lacking in the NRX that you hope to get with a Megabass?
    Nothing just wanted to give something else a whirl.. 500 dollars a rod limits ur ability to buy sometimes
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yuuuuup!

Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    "Just as good as" says it all. Loomis is still the benchmark other companies wish to be..imho

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast