Legend V20 Livewell Question

Hey Guys, I'm still trying to figure everything out one the new V20. I noticed this past weekend when I filled the live well every so often the pumps would come on and pump water out. I did not have the timer on or anything. I made sure to turn everything off just to make sure but it still pumped water out. Can someone give me a break down on how exactly to work the different settings on this live well system. I do have oxygenators if that matters. I'm sure this is really basic but can't seem to figure it out. Thanks a lot

Look on the drivers side of your livewell....... at the very top. You need to stick your head in there. You will see a red nozzle. Either push or pull that nozzle. Right now you have it set on pump out. When you push/pull the red nozzle, it will change to recirculate. So, on your keypad, you have the option of auto of manual. Once the nozzle is in the recirculate position, if you select auto, it will automatically recirculate the water.

Hope that makes sense
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

3. Member
    Ok, I will try that when I get home. Thanks for the help

4. Member
    I hope Deeznuts is right. If not, could your auto bilge pump be kicking on?

Deeznuts are always right!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I hope Deeznuts is right. If not, could your auto bilge pump be kicking on?
    That's what I was thinking was going on. The bilge light on the keypad pops on when it starts pumping. It seems to stop coming on after the livewell levels get lower. It's definitely coming on by itself as I made sure several times to turn everything off

7. Member
    After pulling the red nozzle out as deez said it seems to still start pumping water out after filling. I was thinking maybe it was over filling so I turned the livewell off but the pump out still kept kicking on every few minutes. The bilge light does pop on when this pumpout starts. the water level would get down to right above the oxygenator and then I just turned the livewell fill back on because I was worried the fish wouldn't have enough water. I did put the black plug into the top of the livewell too because I was thinking maybe that was the overfill hole. Not sure what's going on. I'm sure it's some sort of user error just not smart enough to figure it out. Someone let me know what's going on so I can feel dumb. ;)

8. Member
    Sounds like a livewell fitting is leaking into bilge. Pull the cover off of the pumps and plumbing in the bilge and start filling livewell with water hose till you find the leak. Easy to do in your driveway on the trailer.

9. Member
    Also, does this happen if you don't put any water in the livewell? Could have a thru hull fitting leaking, might disconnect battery so auto bilge doesn't come on and start filling bilge with water hose to see if you find a leak.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willymac View Post
    Also, does this happen if you don't put any water in the livewell? Could have a thru hull fitting leaking, might disconnect battery so auto bilge doesn't come on and start filling bilge with water hose to see if you find a leak.
    No it hasn't done it when livewell was not running. That would suck. I will try to check livewell fittings this evening. Thanks for the info.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    No it hasn't done it when livewell was not running. That would suck. I will try to check livewell fittings this evening. Thanks for the info.
    Put some oring grease or Vaseline on the orings for your pumps, could have an oring that's cut or squeezed out of shape, but they should not be put on dry when reinstalling them. Let us know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    After pulling the red nozzle out as deez said it seems to still start pumping water out after filling. I was thinking maybe it was over filling so I turned the livewell off but the pump out still kept kicking on every few minutes. The bilge light does pop on when this pumpout starts. the water level would get down to right above the oxygenator and then I just turned the livewell fill back on because I was worried the fish wouldn't have enough water. I did put the black plug into the top of the livewell too because I was thinking maybe that was the overfill hole. Not sure what's going on. I'm sure it's some sort of user error just not smart enough to figure it out. Someone let me know what's going on so I can feel dumb. ;)
    Plugging that hole will not allow the water being pumped to exit through the hose when it starts to overflow. Then it will exit into the bilge and your auto bilge pump will turn on to pump it out. The red nozzle should be pushed in when you don't want it to pump out. Your bilge light is turning on so it's your bilge pump thats pumping water out of the boat. Like someone else said, in your driveway fill your well with water and see if your auto bilge turns on, if so you have a leak somewhere. If your storage boxes behind the seats come out then pull them out so you can possibly see where the leak is. It may also be coming from somewhere in the bilge area like a hose connection or even the valve.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Take that plate off the back of the livewells, mine was doing the same exact thing and it was just the fitting going to the fill pump was loose. Took 5 seconds to fix but was causing me fits.
    Gambler Intimidator

14. Member
    Yea I’m in the same boat I have an 08 legend and my recirculate won’t recirculate my livewells won’t push water out the top end of my boat until the bulge kicks on almost to late causing water to overflow I’ve tried pulling red knob out and in I checked fittings and also you can hear pumps cut on but still nothing