Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat "carfax" type report

Have someone asking about my boat for sale. He's asking for a report from either autizilla.com or theautoprime.com, and I never heard of either one of them. Costs $90. Is this legit for a bass boat? Not the first boat I've bought or sold.

2. Member
    some of those reports are scams I always thought--a way to get your info--tell him to send you 90 bucks and you will do it!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    some of those reports are scams I always thought--a way to get your info--tell him to send you 90 bucks and you will do it!

4. Member
    Scammer trying to get you to pay to give up your personal information

5. Member
    I have denied sale to several people over the years because of stupid request

you want to come down to the lake I’ll let you run it all day

there is your report I’d tell them

6. Member
    I think he's scamming. I even offered to give him my HIN and have him do it. Not hard to find in public record if you know where to look. He said only the owner of the boat can ask for the reports.

If you have a regular shop/mechanic that’s performed service or repairs over the years refer the buyer to them. Or, have your guy run a diagnostics report on your OB the buyer can reference. I’ve done that a couple of times over the years at minimum cost.
    Beyond that, come look at the boat, ask questions, and decide for yourself. Or keep moving.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    I offered that, but he wants assurance before coming to look at it. I gave him my HIN. We'll see what happens.

9. Member
    Those reports are useless. I properly maintain my vehicles but I would never and over my information to another party.

10. Member
    SC DNR website lets you check to make sure there are no liens on a boat/motor and that taxes are paid (I think). Publicly available. I think you have given him all he needs as well.

11. Member
    Last edited by jimsch; 12-25-2023 at 08:31 AM.

12. Member
    the best way to buy a bassboat is to get off your butt an go look at it take it to the lake an drive it check out all the asessories an if it doesnt run right tell the guy or dealership to fix it an call you when its ready. boat repair places are not kind to folks that drive past them to buy a boat an when they get home with it with problems expect them to drop things an fix it for free.

13. Member
    I would tell him to come and look or I would just sell it to somebody else. And don't take anything but a direct draft money transfer to your account or cash. A direct wire transfer is pretty good but I like cash.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    the best way to buy a bassboat is to get off your butt an go look at it take it to the lake an drive it check out all the asessories an if it doesnt run right tell the guy or dealership to fix it an call you when its ready. boat repair places are not kind to folks that drive past them to buy a boat an when they get home with it with problems expect them to drop things an fix it for free.
    This ^^^^^^^^

Dude sounds like he is trying to pull a scam to me.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    I have denied sale to several people over the years because of stupid request

you want to come down to the lake I’ll let you run it all day

there is your report I’d tell them
    Here’s your answer right there. If he’s serious at all.! Otherwise, scammer.! Move on.!

16. Member
    The same jerk contacted me twice!! Ask for the same BS, I called him a scammer/thief, you guys be careful!!

17. Member
    Stinks like a scam, how many dealers are reporting service records on the boats they work on anywhere, I say none. The exception is warranty work being reported to the manufacturer so the dealer can get paid.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    The same jerk contacted me twice!! Ask for the same BS, I called him a scammer/thief, you guys be careful!!
    Had another jerk txt this AM with the same questions, they’re working overtime guys, be careful!!

They always are working, places like boat trader are the worst. I like to use this site and others, feel like I get far less of this type of traffic using this site.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    I put my Vexus for sale yesterday and got a text asking for these reports already. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast