Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Eufaula ABA spot poachers

Hey dude in the white ranger….all 3 spots that you idled up to me today, hit a waypoint and hauled ass off were a bust. You can have them

no shame in your game but I’d recommend poaching somebody good instead!

2. Member
    Some people have no morals.

He just wants a hug.

4. Member
    Monkey see monkey do... Tons of lazy schmucks on the water these days
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

5. Member
    I found humor in it. The bite has been TERRIBLE for me so it provided me a break in the monotony of not catching anything all day. I’d just hop on the back deck, stand there and stare at him. He may just tie me for last place this tourney!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I found humor in it. The bite has been TERRIBLE for me so it provided me a break in the monotony of not catching anything all day. I’d just hop on the back deck, stand there and stare at him. He may just tie me for last place this tourney!!
    The dude should put time in to find his own spots for sure….but at least you are taking it in stride. “Tie me for last place”
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    The fake graphers piss me off more than anything. See me out offshore, never a boat around, then come off plane, start idling, staring at their graph, never look up at me, and come close enough to be able to hit a waypoint on what I’m on. No shame!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    The fake graphers piss me off more than anything. See me out offshore, never a boat around, then come off plane, start idling, staring at their graph, never look up at me, and come close enough to be able to hit a waypoint on what I’m on. No shame!
    We true spot poachers at least have then courtesy to stay far away and just take a guess at the waypoint and idle around and find it later
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    Put radar on your boat and you will only have to be in sight, never get close. Happens daily offshore.

10. Member
    Guys bitching about spot poaching when they are fishing open water cracks me up. Don't want someone to fish your water do the work like Poche. If you are out where others see you it is all fair game.

No one wants the spots I fish. If I am there then chances are good the fish are not there.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    Guys bitching about spot poaching when they are fishing open water cracks me up. Don't want someone to fish your water do the work like Poche. If you are out where others see you it is all fair game.
    While I do think guys are often over the top about people stealing “their spots” (likely community areas that are well known), someone idling up, marking a waypoint and idling off is pretty blatant.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    While I do think guys are often over the top about people stealing “their spots” (likely community areas that are well known), someone idling up, marking a waypoint and idling off is pretty blatant.
    Had it done to me many times. kind of figure it is just the norm these days and ain't worth getting my BP up over it. Now if they pull up and start fishing the same stuff I am fishing while I am there that is a different story.

14. Member
    Pretty weird that would crack you up…and considering it “fair game” says a lot about you. I’ll send you the waypoints

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Pretty weird that would crack you up…and considering it “fair game” says a lot about you. I’ll send you the waypoints
    Fair game says nothing about me other than if I am fishing where others can see me then I expect it. I don't do it myself. Personally I go above and beyond to try and get into water others won't so I don't have to worry about it. I have crashed through a beaver dam. I have skipped across shallow sandbars because I found out there was good water beyond... If you don't want others to see your shit it takes effort and a willingness to maybe be a little hard on your equipment.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    No one wants the spots I fish. If I am there then chances are good the fish are not there.
    Says the man last seen holding a giant check

Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    Says the man last seen holding a giant check

We are just a couple of blind squirrels.

18. Member
    I have crashed through a beaver dam.
    I am here to defend the poor beavers. Knock it off and don’t drive thru their home. They don’t deserve that.

Mark I get what your driving at, but you guys probably should give yourselves more credit than that.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    I am here to defend the poor beavers. Knock it off and don’t drive thru their home. They don’t deserve that.

Mark I get what your driving at, but you guys probably should give yourselves more credit than that.
    There considered a nuisance on the places I have done it so no problems.

20. Member
    Some years back I was fishing Cayuga and saw four boats that seemed to be fishing around one single spot. About twenty minutes later, they all seemed to start leaving one by one. When I was leaving the area, I just had to see what they were fishing. I got close, and noticed there was a marker buoy that must have drawn the crowd. It was then I realized it was one of mine that blew out of the boat when I was driving into the area. Amusing to say the least.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast