Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

V-T2 Livewell ventilation.

Does it help or just hype ?
    Any boat manufactures offer it or have as factory equip.??

I installed them on my Sterling, not on my 19 Allison, but did on my current Allison and they do seem to help quite a bit in the heat of the summer.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    I personally do think they help!

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm another that thinks it helps.....at the end of the day, my fish are pretty lively.......had them on both boats i owned......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Make sure you install them correctly. The diagram on their website used to show that one side would let in oxygen and the other side would release Carbon Dioxide. They are an amazing technology.

And they lower the temperatue in the compartment they are installed it. I've thought about putting them in the top of my son's expensive cooler.

6. Member
    Just open the lids and put some fish in every now and then,That should let some fresh air in,Save the money,Fish been living in LIVEWELLS for 50yrs. with out vents.Just saying

7. Banned
    yes they help. In the Texas heat they do make a difference..

8. Member
    I think they help also. Installed them down here in South Louisiana. Haven’t had a fish die on my since. Been several years. Definitely keeps the gas buildup out of the live well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Make sure you install them correctly. The diagram on their website used to show that one side would let in oxygen and the other side would release Carbon Dioxide. They are an amazing technology.
    Uhhhh, you're kidding right?
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post

And they lower the temperatue in the compartment they are installed it. I've thought about putting them in the top of my son's expensive cooler.
    Why you never see me in the LOUNGE !

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Just open the lids and put some fish in every now and then,That should let some fresh air in,Save the money,Fish been living in LIVEWELLS for 50yrs. with out vents.Just saying
    I bet you still use a flip phone also. The vents work big time in the summer months. I have used them since they came out and they do make a big difference.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

I haven't run across a study of them, to be able to look at the data and follow the science. Without the data, it's all guess work and opinions. If I was the designer of it, and had independent lab data to show how effective they were, I'd sure make that data available to pitch my product. Not having any data makes me skeptical. I installed some in my boat anyway. I don't see how it can hurt, and I believe it can help with the stink when you aren't able to rinse out the livewell before storing it. Factor in the cost of a hole saw and arbor. It was 2/3rds the cost of the vents.

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wouldn’t your livewell system also be a factor in how well they work? I don’t have a fancy boat, my livewell switch simply brings fresh water in and it runs out the overflow tube. No aerator, no recirculate, but even in the hottest months here in Florida I do not lose fish!

The only 2 fish I’ve had die in the last 3 years were 1 last weekend where my coangler gut hooked a 13.5” little guy and one that I hooked in the tongue last season (I do not get why they die when they get hooked in the tongue!)

On a super simple system like mine I can definitely see how the vents can help! I keep meaning to get them and keep buying other stuff!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    yes, they work. they help with cooling along with letting out all the toxins released by the fish. No more ammonia smells or foamy water after installing them. It's the first thing I install on every boat I buy.

15. Member
    They have definitely helped. After I installed them fish are almost too lively to weigh in. They won't settle down.

I think they help

I'm a believer, my fish seem to be more active at the end of the day and I don't get that ugly foam in the wells. I chose to Pop Rivet mine down instead of using the bolts that come with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    People also got around with horses for 100's of years just fine before the automobile hit the scene. Always room for improvement.

19. Member
    Hahaha got some reactions didn't I,,,,.

20. Member
    I think they might help, I don't have them on my livewell so I can't say either way, but running the aerator and recirc pump together seem to make my fish frisky till the end of the day, BTW, never lost a call with my $25.00 a month "flip phone" !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast