Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clear Lake
    Posts
    28

    18 Z520C 250 G2 pad to prop distance

    Wondering what the best pad to prop distance for my boat. 4 in man jack plate, 26 raker 2.
    Thanks, Bill

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,759
    #2
    I know my G2 is liking running higher - I think I'm somewhere around 2.75, but I'm adjusting on the fly depending on conditions. If I get my motor too low I get wicked chine walk.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI | Helix 7 G3N CHIRP |
    Fury 3 23P | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step


  3. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bay, Arkansas
    Posts
    17,364
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    I know my G2 is liking running higher - I think I'm somewhere around 2.75, but I'm adjusting on the fly depending on conditions. If I get my motor too low I get wicked chine walk.
    Pretty much what this man said. RR


    "Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clear Lake
    Posts
    28
    #4
    Thanks for the replies guys. What rpms should I turn?

  5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, Ohio
    Posts
    11,357
    #5
    Top end? 5800-6000.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Murray Kentucky
    Posts
    38,188
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by B Trous View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. What rpms should I turn?
    It’s supposed to peak out at 5800 rpms but most can turn of to 6100 with out any problems, most all tacks are off couple hundred rpm.

  7. Member Bill Lovvorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    108
    #7
    I'm running a new g2 on the 521 L with the manual Jack plate. The motor only has a few hours on it. 67.5 is the top end at 5700 running the 26 Raker. What speed increase could I expect with the Atlas jack plate
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Annaversary Ed /Evenrude G2 250HO

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Pryor, OK
    Posts
    1,370
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lovvorn View Post
    I'm running a new g2 on the 521 L with the manual Jack plate. The motor only has a few hours on it. 67.5 is the top end at 5700 running the 26 Raker. What speed increase could I expect with the Atlas jack plate
    With the proper height, you should likely be able to turn it to at least 5800. And you should pick up a few mph. The 21’s are a little slower than the 20’s but my Z520 will run 75 tourney loaded with my partner in the boat. We both weigh 230. You should be able to bump 70 at least.