Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Curious if they will drop when Lowrance comes out with theirs.
    That is my Hope. I think Ray Marine might be coming out with something also.

2. Member
    From what I hear Lowrance system is more expensive. If true I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for price drop.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member
    Try Thinking in my way: Every time you catch 20 or 25 crappies NOW (in the winter), they worth or cost $150 from a grocery store, LOL. How much difference will the price change now and then?

This year I planning to do 360, live sight, or live scope. Come almost jumping on this, but I figured I wait a little longer for the live sight offering hopefully at the classic expo, and whether HB updates their 360, before deciding. I've never been in a boat with any of these 3 technologies for a hands on, so it's pretty tough figuring out what would suit me best. Also the 93SV plus resolution of 800 x 480, is less than the 1024 x 768 I currently have on my HB. I hated to down grade in resolution.

5. Member
    Any difference between this 93sv Echomap plus and the Lowrance Elite 9TI ?

6. Member
    I spent a lot of time checking out the Elite TI 2s in 9 inch and was almost to purchase 3 of them. Then at a show I looked at the Echomap 93 sv plus and was sold to me they are much more user friendly and I was very impressed overall so much that I purchased 3 of them, now I just have to wait for my new Ranger to be built. I am sure someone else will give a more detailed comparison but from a user aspect it checked all the boxes and all 3 will network together. Hope this helps.

7. Member
    Thanks!!!

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ti2 units will network wirelessly to each other but that is only for 2 units, if you have more than 2 units then you have to go via nmea and that is limited......with the EC+ units, you can network 2 units via ethernet and if you have more then you would need the GMS 10 network expander.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Does anyone have any idea how much the upgraded maps would cost?

10. Member
    I've heard you get one free map upgrade, and that you can upgrade the sale EM+93sv units when the G3 maps come out, but I have not heard this from Garmin. Just read it here somewhere... hope it is true.

11. Member
    I spoke with Garmin customer service and they said when available I will receive the update. Give them a call I have never waited for a live person to talk to.

12. Member
    I still like my Panoptix because of the range you get. Live scope looks good but $1500.00 ouch.

13. Member
    So what about the difference in x-ducer? Is that something to consider also?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
    It interesting that the price of the Live Scope has not budged an inch off its' original $1499 price. You would have thought there been at least 1 sale at some point on it or a "bundle" price that would give a buyer a price break but there just not been any. Guess the LS selling so well at opening price there no need to drop to try to encourage more buyers. The Panoptix units were the same way.
    My installer is Garmin certified and he has turned in a couple of folks that give discounts.

It's nice to see a company that sticks to it's prices, rules and the small business that uses them.

15. Member
    Need some help currently have lowrance hds8 and 7 want to replace them with 2 of these garmin units .... other than livescope if i choose to go that route how is the sonar and down imaging?

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I personally lover the 2d, find it TONS better than my Lowrance units were.....i find that Lowrance has the edge on imaging.....i swapped cause i wanted something new and a little different. Love the Echomap Plus units....there is a post that they will be coming out with a 12" unit....right now if you were to buy at this moment 9" is the biggest they have.

17. Member
    My Side and down on the hds 8 seems blurry so i was wondering how the garmin looked in real time

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Love my side scan 93 sv as we have seen things we never saw with the other units we owned and this is on the same lake we fished for 20’years

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Jerry, i was looking for the post where you did your video the other day, and wanted to post the link here for the poster above you....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I personally lover the 2d, find it TONS better than my Lowrance units were.....i find that Lowrance has the edge on imaging.....i swapped cause i wanted something new and a little different. Love the Echomap Plus units....there is a post that they will be coming out with a 12" unit....right now if you were to buy at this moment 9" is the biggest they have.
    FC- did you get that info from this board? I’m hoping they do!
    2015 Phoenix 819

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast