Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    What did this complete kit cost? What dealer did you order from?
    Here's what my dealer charged me...

"Cooler" list: $355.00
    91202685 - Bottom Frame/Lid
    91202686 - Back Pad
    91100524 - Cup holder
    Screws/Nuts/Washers (6 each for below)

I've read about prices all over the place, so it depends on your dealer and area/market, I guess. Justin Royal (the vid I posted earlier in the thread) mentioned he paid close to $600 for just the cooler conversion, for instance where my dealer charged me $355.

For info, here's the list for the glove box conversion as well...

"Glove Box" list $240.00
    91132545 - Door
    91051054 - Slam Latch
    91051050 - Key
    91132550 - Filler Panel
    91202679 - Trim Piece for Glove Box opening

Note the glove box list does not include the slam latch catch, so I had to order it after everything came in...
    91051035 - Slam Latch Catch (ordered separately, cost unknown at this time)

Also, just for info it took 6-7 weeks to get everything from Skeeter. And even now, the catch they didn't have, they had to order it from their supplier it seems, so have no idea when it will come in :(.

So, the big question - is it worth it?

Hard to say. The oem parts work fine for the most part (untill the cooler hinge breaks), so it's a convenience/appearance upgrade really. I will say yes on the cooler, if only because it is a nicer design, and a sturdier design, as we all know the ZX cooler lid is a fragile part at best. Is it any more functional - no. It does include cupholders, but tbh the jury is out on those, as they are only held in by two screws, and feel like if you stepped on them accidently with a lot of weight (the cooler lid is a step, after all) they would snap right off. Plus, they stick out a bit and can get in the way at times. I still have them installed currently, with wedges underneath to add some additional support - but really am not using them as cupholders so may remove them as Mark did.

The Glove Box, I definitely like. For one, it's lockable (when I get the catch, that is lol), so you can leave valuables in there without worry if you make a stop either on the road or on the water. It's much nicer in that's it's a strong aluminum carpeted lid that matches up well, even with my 6 year old carpet. And it doesn't flex or give when you put weight on it, like the plastic one did. I often have one ass cheek hanging off the end of the deck when I'm sitting down with the center locker open working/rigging/etc. Not having that sinking/sliding feeling from the oem lid makes it worth it alone to me. It's just tricky to install, ie getting the mounting holes in just the right spot. Mine aren't perfect, but work well enough.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 01-05-2023 at 10:05 PM.

2. Member
    Got my cooler lid and step pad from a dealer for $50 that had a customer who added a console since they have to be removed for mounting.

3. Member
    I've been following this and have a 2017 ZX250 and don't really dig the cooler seat cover, it's slick and not something you can really sit on. Can you get away with just the frame and lid? Wondering if the back pad is necessary, I very rarely have a 3rd guy but if I do he gets stuck on the cooler lid "seat" now. Thanks for all the great pics and info BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by trackernh View Post
    I've been following this and have a 2017 ZX250 and don't really dig the cooler seat cover, it's slick and not something you can really sit on. Can you get away with just the frame and lid? Wondering if the back pad is necessary, I very rarely have a 3rd guy but if I do he gets stuck on the cooler lid "seat" now. Thanks for all the great pics and info BTW.
    You could I reckon, but you would have to pull the existing rear cushion I would bet since it is thicker - probalby wouldn't let the new style open correctly. So you would have that gap, bth it probably wouldn't look bad... reference the pic in one of my earlier posts showing the old style minus that back pad to get an idea of gap.

I would suggest... unless you really, really need the cupholder to skip it. It's not a great design, and appears fragile in the way it mounts. Skeeter moved that cupholder down to the cockpit deck for a reason I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I left the cup holder off of mine. Just thought it was too cheesy looking to me and my taste.

The cooler lid though is very nice.
    And speaking of the cupholder - Mark, did you do anything to cover or modify the curved spots in the front of the cooler when the cupholder is not mounted? Or just left it as is?

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    And speaking of the cupholder - Mark, did you do anything to cover or modify the curved spots in the front of the cooler when the cupholder is not mounted? Or just left it as is?

Mine actually looks different. Mine is the newer style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mine actually looks different. Mine is the newer style.
    I guess the newer style is meant/used for later boats where the cupholders already exist on the cockpit floor, so has a cleaner front edge? Didn't know there were different ones but that makes sense. That might be why the guy in the vid I linked had fitment problems - using older seat in newer boat, maybe some slight differences.

Anyway, I have the wedges I mentioned under it for some support, and will try to keep my 225lbs off of the edge of it Going to keep it in for now. I though about removing and milling off those curved edges with a dremel or similar, but that would probably make it look even worse lol.

This is what mine looks like. Its on a 2021 ZXR20. It originally came with the plastic black lid like on the ZX but they started adding these at the factory in ZXRs last year.

9. Member
    Does anyone know if this will fit a 2010 ZX225? Thanks
    Brett Treece. Caledonia MS
    2010 Skeeter ZX225. HPDI 225

Not sure about a 2010, that's a completely different series really.

As an update, I noticed today the back pad is pulling away from the base a bit at the top... Kinda miffed about it since it's only a few months old. I assume it's under warranty, but you never know with Skeeter and their odd rules about parts and year models, etc. Will call dealer and see what they say I guess.

11. Member
    Yea I was Quoted close to $900 here in Cali. Damn rip off!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj6987 View Post
    Yea I was Quoted close to $900 here in Cali. Damn rip off!

If you want I will see what the cost is from my dealer and wiol.ship you one. I think they are $250-300 now. I don't mind helping out.

I think I posted earlier in the thread, but the complete Cooler Lid setup for me a few months ago was around $350... with the back pad and cupholder add-on. Although I would have preferred Mark's version, it's a cleaner look imo - I just didn't realize there were two styles at the time I was ordering. My parts list I posted is the "cupholder style", so Mark's version I assume would be a different part number, but probably cost around the same.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345