Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FX style cooler lid on ZX

Are they selling the FX cooler lid as a replacement to the junky ZX cooler lid yet? 2018 ZX is what I have and would like the FX lid.

2. Member
    Add me to the list! I have a 2015 ZX 250 and I can't wait until Skeeter lets us order the parts to make this NEEDED change!

3. Member
    Will the center cushion still work when the change is made? I frequently use my center cushion and like that option... but hate the plastic squeaky cheap looking lid.

4. Member
    No I don't believe the cushion will still work but the new FX center step doubles as a seat and a step. It is a foam rubber type that works for both.

5. Member
    Call around to dealers to see if they sell you one, if not then find a buddy who has a newer Fx and have him order it for you.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Call around to dealers to see if they sell you one, if not then find a buddy who has a newer Fx and have him order it for you.
    This^^

It's possible it is not a direct replacement and they don't want to deal with the returns or upset customers. I'm in the forklift industry and whenever we are ordering parts we want to have the s/n so we make sure it fits. If a customer had a part number and wanted to order from me I would sell it but if it was damaged or looked like they tried to install it we probably wouldn't take it back. Get to know your dealership and they might sell it to you but with no returns......just a thought

7. Member
    The ZX250 interior is well made all around and I do love my the boat. My only complaint is the piece of crap plastic cooler lid and the plastic frame. The frame on mine which was a demo with 26 hours on it had the plastic frame broken on both ends where the lid attaches. I can't for the life of me figure out why they used cheap plastic for the frame and the lid.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

I haven't had any issues with mine...nice and simple works for me...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with mine...nice and simple works for me...
    Hundreds of ZX owners would say other wise....the cooler lid is cheap junk.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Hundreds of ZX owners would say other wise....the cooler lid is cheap junk.
    Yep. Just like the glove box. I'm pretty sure I'm going to build a carpeted aluminum lid for my cooler just like I replaced the glove box with the newer carpeted lid. SO much nicer.

11. Member
    I love my bug...2016 zx225...the cooler lid creaks as you step on it every time and makes me wonder who will break it in half someday...and I added the passenger console of which that glove box looks just as cheap as the original...I wish there was a fix for this too...OH well...all boats have "some" issues...when I conduct a direct u turn at 65 mph without letting off of the throttle... I can't see the cooler lid or the glove box...LOL!

12. Member
    I like my boat too, overall, but the longer I have it the more issues I’m finding, mostly fit and finish stuff. Y’all go tighten all your screws on your boat (which there are tons of) and see how many are stripped and just spin, I just did this and couldn’t believe it. Lots of room for improvement on these boats for sure. After all, how long have owners been complaining about the cheap cooler lid, and they haven’t changed the design, I don’t get it.

13. Member
    My latest Skeeter (FX 21) uses all torx screws and larger screws compared to previous boats, so much nicer than traditional Phillips screw heads and they seem to hold tight much better also. Do the new ZX's, 2015 and up (newer design) not use Torx screws?

I changed my 2016 FX to the newer style cooler lid and it is much better.

14. Member
    I ordered the FX cooler lid and back for my ZX. I'll let everyone know how it works out after I install everything.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

15. Member
    My 2016 ZX225 has the torx screws. I am experiencing the same issues as dreese. Some of the screws on the black side panels seem as if they never actually hit any fiberglass from the start. I am going to make a trip to my dealer and see how they intend on taking care of this. I will let you all know what they did or did not do...the screw issues and my day box tray blowing apart are the only issues that I have any complaints about...all in all, considering that it is a boat after-all< I am still very pleased with my purchase. I am going to also attempt to order the FX cooler lid and will let you know what happens on this too.

16. Member
    Yes Torx screws that are striped in a few areas. The one thats bothersome is the one holding my docking cleat, not sure how to fix that one. Not going to harp anymore on it, I just let dealer figure it out.

Chwebmaker, YES, please keep us updated! And with pics TOO!

17. Member
    Very interested in this. Just ordered a 2019 ZX250 and was wondering about changing out the cooler lid. Also thinking about replacing the recessed trolling motor tray with the FX model.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    Very interested in this. Just ordered a 2019 ZX250 and was wondering about changing out the cooler lid. Also thinking about replacing the recessed trolling motor tray with the FX model.
    I'm with you! would love to do the same!

19. Member
    Update?

20. Member
    I doubt you will be able to get the FX cooler lid for the ZX. However I was told by one guy that Skeeter was going to let ZX owners buy the FX parts sometime this year?? Not sure what the deal is but crossing my fingers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast