Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fishin couillon, Nice job! nice to see you used the preferred crimp/heat shrink style connectors and marine grade wire. I used 10 gauge duplex as my main wire as it was easier to snake down the side of the boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    What gauge wire is required to run from battery in rear of boat to 93SV up at bow?
    also a inline 20 amp fuse is required correct? I will be hooking up a livescope transducer /box as well- any other connections needed with that ?

3. Member
    It has the inline fuse and I think it called for 18 gauge or larger.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    What gauge wire is required to run from battery in rear of boat to 93SV up at bow?
    also a inline 20 amp fuse is required correct? I will be hooking up a livescope transducer /box as well- any other connections needed with that ?
    I would use at least 12ga. to the bow. With a 15 A breaker at the battery

5. Member
    This looks like a great way to wire in an on/off switch and also clean up the mess under my dash. Thanks for sharing!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    20A Circuit breakers at battery:

Switch and USB:

Fuse Block:

Dual Bus Bar up front:

Here are the schematic drawings i did today that shows how I have mine setup....any additional accessories like nmea, UHD, USB charger, etc. is connected to the fuse block......yours may vary....for the dual bus bar i put that up front to power the EC 93+, PS 22 and Ultrex heading sensor....that kept be from having to tie ALL the wires together for a single connection. Basically the power wire (on bottom of bar) is a direct power wire from console that powered the original depht finder that came on the boat. I'm using that to power all three items i just mentioned....at this point, i dont have any issues with power or blowing fuses.

Excellent post, Thank you! My only question now is what gauge wire did you use from the rear block to the fuze panel and also from panel to front block? I was thinking 10 but not sure. My boat is only 18' so the runs won't be but about 7' on the longest (from battery to console).
    Thanks!

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Since that post, i have redone a few things with new units and fuse blocks......I put a fuse block in the rod locker and move most everything there, that, i used 10ga from battery to block. Used 12ga for accessories that needed extensions to the fuse block. The block i put in the bow of the boat, i used an existing power wire that was up there already and id' say it 14 ga. but its only powering the MinnKota Ultrex antenna and a USB plug so not worried about wire size on that one.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Since that post, i have redone a few things with new units and fuse blocks......I put a fuse block in the rod locker and move most everything there, that, i used 10ga from battery to block. Used 12ga for accessories that needed extensions to the fuse block. The block i put in the bow of the boat, i used an existing power wire that was up there already and id' say it 14 ga. but its only powering the MinnKota Ultrex antenna and a USB plug so not worried about wire size on that one.
    Perfect! Thank you! My boat doesn't even have a main power switch, so this should be fun. lol. Gathering all I can before I jump in it.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here is my updated setup.....i have the part number for the cut off switch i'm using. The switch, breaker and fuse box is all Blue Sea brand......

10. Member
    Possibly a dumb question but... Which battery do you use for your electronics? I have a 12volt setup so 2 12v batteries. Trolling motor battery and starter/motor battery.

Do I hook up my electronics to my starter battery or the trolling battery? I don't currently have the boat with me to go check the wiring but I'm fairly certain the starter battery gets charged by the the motor alternator. I would assume you'd want to separate the trolling power from your electronics but I could be dead wrong?

I'm also thinking of adding a 3rd battery and run 2 in parallel for longer outings.

thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Starter battery.....trolling batteries can introduce interference

12. Member
    Starter battery.....trolling batteries can introduce interference
    That's how it's setup currently. I'm about to add a distribution block near the batteries so the battery doesn't have 5 wires on the posts.

13. Member
    what fuse should I put in the Blue sea fuse block for 106sv unit?

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If you are asking what size fuse (amps) use the same size thats comes on the power wire. The fuse block takes blade style fuses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12