Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For those that crank deep alot?

Im looking for a dedicated deep cranking rod, dd22 and such... i was thinking mabe a Dobyns Champion 805cb glass possibly.....Whats everyone using? Thank you for your input
    Last edited by Black Haze; 01-16-2019 at 03:41 PM.

2. Member
    Deep cranking or any cranking rod is one I am not willing to spend big $$$ on. ABU Garcia Winch 7'6" MH works fine for XD6.

3. Member
    i use the same Champ 805 and can spool a diawa steeze ltd on a cast, i could probley use smaller line..
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

4. Member
    I use dobyns 805cb rm

5. Member
    my buddy loves his dobyns 805 cb cranking rods.

I spend more then half my bass season with a 20' + crankbait in my hand. I do not have any experience with the rod you are interested in tho.

6. Banned
    805CB RM

Megabass Orochi XX Launcher

Spend your money as you see fit, but a Lew’s Fritts cranking rod or even a BPS cranking rod will work great.
    Last edited by Jeff Hahn; 01-17-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

X2 on the the MB Launcher

10. Member
    X3 on the Megabass orochi xx launcher.

I have 2 of them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Send your money as you see fit, but a Lew’s Fritts cranking rod or even a BPS cranking rod will work great.
    I agree I have a few cranking sticks and love them.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

12. Banned
    Send your money as you see fit, but a Lew’s Fritts cranking rod or even a BPS cranking rod will work great.
    Used to use nothing but the BPS Crankin Sticks. Great rods! I don't spend much on my crankbait rods now either. Besides a Dobyns Champion 764CB RM that I use for deeper stuff, I use a pair of Dobyns Fury 705CB's that I paid around $80 each on sale that work great.

13. Member
    Dobyns 765 CB for DD22, 6xd
    Dobyns 806 CB for 10X, LC SKT Mag, also works great for glide baits.

14. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Megabass Orochi XX Launcher
    This. I love mine

I was making the same decision several years back...did my research and decided on Dobyns 764cb Randy McAbee. I liked it so much ended up with 2 more and 2 805cb RMs as well.
    I could not believe the improved hookup to landing ratio improvement with these rods. I would suggest an 8' rod for deeper cranking.
    I've never used the megabass rods but wonder myself if they are same or better than my arsenal of Dobyns...everyone seems to like them too.

16. Scraps
    Spend your money as you see fit, but a Lew’s Fritts cranking rod or even a BPS cranking rod will work great.
    The current Lew's Fritts crankers are pretty awesome for the price, I think like $79. Nice parabolic taper. I use a Powell 3D 711CB.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by Champ-yun View Post
    I was making the same decision several years back...did my research and decided on Dobyns 764cb Randy McAbee. I liked it so much ended up with 2 more and 2 805cb RMs as well.
    I could not believe the improved hookup to landing ratio improvement with these rods. I would suggest an 8' rod for deeper cranking.
    I've never used the megabass rods but wonder myself if they are same or better than my arsenal of Dobyns...everyone seems to like them too.

The MB Launcher is 8' as well. It's just one of those models that performs very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ-yun View Post

The MB Launcher is 8' as well. It's just one of those models that performs very, very well.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

Do you think itd handle a 10xd? I throw 6's some, 8's a lot and 10's some. Id like one rod to handle all of them even though i know no rod will be perfect for all of them
    They aint got hands, set the hook

20. Member
    the first generation MB Launcher will not handle 10xd's but the 2nd generation Launchers will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Do you think itd handle a 10xd? I throw 6's some, 8's a lot and 10's some. Id like one rod to handle all of them even though i know no rod will be perfect for all of them
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast