Doomsday Tackle rods

does anyone have any experience with the Doomsday 47 rods? They look nice but only reviews I’ve seen were tackle tour and Wired2Fish. since Kistler discontinued the Argon series, Doomsday is the only brand that I’ve been able to find a 6’10 Med moderate/fast rod for less than $150. Open to other suggestions as well mostly will be using it for jerkbaits, top water, and the occasional square bill.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    Check out ark rods. They have a 6'10" regular taper in the invoker series for 150. Also in the Randall Tharp series there's a 6'9" mod fast "one eyed jack" for 130. Both would be great for you

Just FYI, the Argon rods are coming back...just not sure of the new models yet

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The Mojo Kayak series rod is in that size and I was really tempted but only seeing it in the computer and not feeling it I couldn’t make the purchase.

The Abu Ike series has the same rod...I think it might be $159
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Yes I have the medium lightspinning , 73 medium and 73 medium heavy. These rods are very good. They have Fuji alconite guides. The blanks are from Korea or Japan. Call the company and talk to the owner he’s really cool. These rodsYes I have the medium These rods are comparable in my opinion till like a $250 rod. When you pick them up you were really feel the quality. These were really good value. But they’re really nice rod you won’t go wrong especially at the price point. This is a company that’s more interested in putting out quality that they are about making money on their rods. I talked to the owner for a long time and Gary Dobbins told him like you’re not making any money. Because the Fuji guides all the stuff adds up in the cost of the rod. The first couple guides have double wraps on the bait casters. The 73 medium is one of the best medium rods I’ve ever used. Has a perfect tip you can drop shot with it you can do any medium specific spinning tackle on this. I’ve also held the 610 bait caster which is perfect for jerk baits or small crank baits. Another great rod if you’re looking for something like that

6. Member
    That is a popular spec for Gulf Coast Saltwater fishing. I use Laguna and Waterloo for my saltwater setups. Laguna makes very nice custom rods but their Liquid series fits your price range

https://lagunarods.com/products/lagu...40398185398457

7. Member
    For the money they are tough to beat…
    I bought 2 to keep on the boat for friend's and family.
    A casting and a Spinning.
    Very durable and surprisingly sensitive.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

8. Member
    Nice to hear some reviews. I made this thread about over 4 years ago and began building my own rods between them and now but appreciate the responses!
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Nice to hear some reviews. I made this thread about over 4 years ago and began building my own rods between them and now but appreciate the responses!
    Just saw your post here and I happen to have 2 of them. The exact rod you mentioned, 6'10" and a 7'MH. The 6'10" is a great all around rod for what you mentioned.
    They're pretty sensitive for the price. They're very durable also.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO