Thread: Frustrated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I’m #5 on jacos list for a 250, they have only received 4 to date. Teresa said they aren’t expecting anymore 250’s until sometime in September, and merc just had a price increase on them....
    I wouldn't put allot of faith in Mercury engine delivery dates yet. They are months and months behind.

2. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That's actually not correct on "order of orders"... but I bet I know where you heard that from.
    Ok. What is your opinion of the order of the deliveries? My local Mercury dealers opinion is the same as mine. He has been waiting on a 150 four stroke ordered since March.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    According to Sales- they are prioritizing SOLD (in advance) engines, especially those repowers where the customer's boat is currently unusable. That combines with order date, and yes, there are scenarios where a high-volume order for multiple units might ship alongside a single-engine repower order (that's how line builds work).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    And that 175 is here already- will be rigging it up later this week.
    I know I've been thinking about upgrading my Opti 150 to the new 175 Pro XS but I don't remember you ordering for me Don!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Oh no- this one is already sold and going on a boat that is down without a usable engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. mikesxpress

8. Member
    I can tell you first hand Mercury can say they are prioritizing, but actions speak louder than words. I ordered in June sold,my motor and still no motor. My fishing partner sold his 250, paid in full in June and still no motor and no date of getting one.

9. Member
    I sold my motor in may and still have no motor. Mercury really dropped the ball on this one, giving ship date after ship date tondealers that they knew they couldn’t meet. Wish I had just held on to my Pro XS until they got one in stock, heck i had an expected date if may 28, now its August 23 and still no motor...

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I sold my motor in may and still have no motor. Mercury really dropped the ball on this one, giving ship date after ship date tondealers that they knew they couldn’t meet. Wish I had just held on to my Pro XS until they got one in stock, heck i had an expected date if may 28, now its August 23 and still no motor...
    My original ship date was May 14th! I sold my Optimax may 8th lol. It is what it is & we have no choice but to be patient. It'll definitely be worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12