Thread: Vintage Tracker

Vintage Tracker

Hey guys, I'm not a new member, but lost all my infor and no longer have the old email addy, so this is my new handle. I cut my teeth with vintage Ranger and Champin boats, but always loved tins. First boat was a 14/36 ouachita with a 15hp evinrude. My first major purchase of my life. I was 16, it was 900 dollars. I'm boat less now, but really love the pre revolution hulls. All the way back to the original. I remember dreaming about a tx17 in the BPS catalog as a kid. If anyone has a pre revolution boat, I'd love to hear all about it, and see pics also. I'm a lurker over on timboats, but am tickled to see this forum over here. Loved this forum when I was redoing my 330v and 373v boats I used to have. Thanks.

There is a site, TinBoats.com that has hundreds of the year boats you’re inquiring about. I know a few guys over there that actually owns two or three of them. They tear them down and rebuild him as a hobby for sale. There are some members here with the TX 17 and 16. So maybe they’ll Chime in, a little while.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Here is a 1989 Pro 17 that I used to own. I sold it last summer. I friend of mine had it sitting in his backyard for several years and it was in really bad shape so I gave him $500.00 dollars for it. It took about a year of working on it and a couple of million dollars (lol) to get it like I wanted it. It was the best riding boat I've ever owned and I wish I hadn't sold it. I really like my RT but I wish I would have kept the Tracker too.

I replaced pretty much everything in the boat....wiring, gauges, switches, seats, motor, most of the carpet and added a ton of other stuff. It wound up being the most expensive 1989 Tracker in history...lol. I had a blast doing it though!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

4. Member
    Sweet rig!! Thanks for sharing. I know tinboats.com, lol. On it everyday at some point. Amazing watching those projects.

Man that is a nice rig. You did alot of work to it. Still see those older trackers all over the place around here several of them are regulars i see at the lake too.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Pipercub ​You did one helluva nice job on that Tracker!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    Question for the vintage tracker gurus. Was the tx17 and pro 17 the same hull but different layouts? Those that have been around them...what were the pluses or minuses of each.

8. Member
    Awesome boat.