Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have a problem where the motor is turned the wrong way, vertical as it tries to stow. So when I raise it, the motor goes inside of the mount and not horizontal. Any ideas how to reset it so its horizontal when it starts to stow? Thanks for any help!

2. Member
    You should be able to deploy the motor back to full deploy. Now start the stow action and pause it when it is doing the store routine. Push the power button to turn the motor off. wait around 20 sec and position the motor in the direction you want it to sit on the mount. Turn the power back on. Deploy it fully. turn the motor in any direction and hit the store button. It should position correctly for store and go through the store function.

If it is jammed with the motor hanging on the mount then you best bring to an ASC.
    What caused the problem was one of two things your battery charger or a weak battery. Motor power should be turned off when charging batteries either by unplugging or turning of the power breaker.

3. Member
    Another grateful beneficiary of your photo tutorial of how to reset an Ulterra. I had previously saved this as a PDF to my phone and was able to fix my Ulterra while on the water. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Basshorn View Post
    I have a problem where the motor is turned the wrong way, vertical as it tries to stow. So when I raise it, the motor goes inside of the mount and not horizontal. Any ideas how to reset it so its horizontal when it starts to stow? Thanks for any help!
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Skeeter, my Ulterra will NOT come on. I checked the voltage(39volts), connections, fuses, etc. I checked the wires under the TM plastic cap/hood between the side plates>>no loose wires. I think the on/off button is broke. Can you shed some light on this? I am thinking about selling this Ulterra once fixed and getting an Ultrex.

6. Member
    JonesTM, my Ulterra will NOT come on. I checked the voltage(39volts), connections, fuses, etc. I checked the wires under the TM plastic cap/hood between the side plates>>no loose wires. I think the on/off button is broke. Can you shed some light on this? I am thinking about selling this Ulterra once fixed and getting an Ultrex.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjbh View Post
    Skeeter, my Ulterra will NOT come on. I checked the voltage(39volts), connections, fuses, etc. I checked the wires under the TM plastic cap/hood between the side plates>>no loose wires. I think the on/off button is broke. Can you shed some light on this? I am thinking about selling this Ulterra once fixed and getting an Ultrex.
    Well drib, I haven't had to change out the power button but I can guarantee I'd enjoy my Ulterra 100x more than i would a plane jane Ultrex. If jumping the power button won't get you to a troubleshooting space, I'd just take it in and let the repair shop play with it. If you get an idea what's wrong from them you can probably repair it yourself if you've got any handyman experience.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

Great write up !! I also checked out your "How to" links but the one for fixing the seats didn't show the Pix !! All I saw was this !! AND they have ceased to exist. Is there anyway you could "Update" the pix so that all us Laymen can learn from you ???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    Thank you so much for the clear pictures/writeup. Gave me the confidence to pull that motor off and align the levers back up after a manual stow. Worked for me!

10. Member
    Hey Skeeterstew, I also was test fitting a transducer. So I deployed my TM onto my trailer. When I hit the stow, the motor turns on its own into the winch, as per other posters. I followed your method and was able to get my motor into the deployed position, however it’s still hanging out over the bow by two feet. When I power the unit it, it does not take in the rest of the motor to completely stow. I even tried to push it, it doesn’t move because of the trim motor won’t allow it. When I power the unit off, then on. The green light is solid and there’s no red light after a few seconds. (So it seems like all is OK). But when I hit stow or deploy , the green light stays solid and the red light starts flashing ending my effort. I cannot get past this point.

I’m not sure what to do, to be honest. Maybe I’ll unwind the motor back to its original position. But the problem is that if I try and launch it, it’ll get stuck on the trailer lol!!
    Last edited by rexman100; 02-06-2022 at 01:21 PM.

11. Member
    Update: I powered the unit on this am. Then hit stow. The remote said “stowing”,same as before. But this time, while it was attempting to stow I picked up the foot of the TM making it more parallel with the boat. Then boom it clicked on and pulled it up and stowed it. Now it’s fine. Thanks for your write up. Could not have done it without it

12. Member
    Glad you got it back up and running, Rexman100. Sorry I missed your reply earlier. My emails from BBCB are spotty.
    Sometimes it takes a reboot or two to get it to find out where the limits are on the screw after rebuilding it. You should be good to go now. Happy fishing!
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12