07 225 pro xs poppet and thermostat.

Does anybody know what the part numbers are for the poppet valve and thermostat. Hving some cooling issues on idle and going to start replacing some things. Thanks!

I’m sure you can get the help you need however you may wanna post your serial number...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

The best thing to do is get your serial number then email parts@europeanmarine.org. The T-stat is an easy one. It has been a while since I ordered one but I don't think there is a Poppet kit part number but a bunch of individual parts. Rhonda (at the above email address) will set you up. Make sure you get the BBC discount if over $100. Don't forget to add several T-stat gaskets as they rip almost every time you open the cover.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... Please be sure to provide the Required Info when posting (see Announcements at the top of the Forum).

Rhonda can set you up with everything you need.

Note: ANYTIME you experience Cooling System OR Water Pressure problems, ALWAYS, ALWAYS start at the SOURCE: The Water Pump. Fresh, ZERO MINUTES pump FIRST.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Water pump was the first thing replaced! then port side thermostat, and then strainer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanchechristian View Post
    Does anybody know what the part numbers are for the poppet valve and thermostat. Hving some cooling issues on idle and going to start replacing some things. Thanks!
    I have the same motor with the same issue at idle smart craft is showing water temp at 62 to 64 after couple minutes of warming up. takes 3 seconds for it to start peeing, dosnt stop so I imagine my t stat is stuck. when I shut down the motor it will warm that water up to 90+. then when ya start it again just cools it down. anyways im bringing mine into the shop today have impellar and everything else checked out! If yours is the same problem let me know ill tell ya what the shop says!

7. Member
    I am dealing with a similar issue on a 250xs. Random low water psi at idle. Very interested to see if a poppet rebuild solves your issue.

8. Member
    Trash stuck in thermostat on port side if water pressure is issue. Motor not warming up starboard side has trash in it. Check them both

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One Engine per Thread, Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Comanchechristian View Post
    Water pump was the first thing replaced! then port side thermostat, and then strainer.
    Starboard Thermostat? Verified TEMP of the Port Side yet?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor