Millenium Marine Boat Seats in an aluminum boat?

Does anyone have any experience with the Millenium Marine boat seats? I see them all the time on fishing shows and have read alot of reviews about how comfortable they are while fishing. But it seems it is mostly from crappie fisherman. I also bass fish and was wondering if the strap on the side gets in the way while casting for bass. I have Tempress seats now and they aren't comfortable, since they seem to pitch you forward too much.

2. Banned
    I got mine when they first came out about 4yrs ago. I love them but I don't bass fish. Cant see where the straps would be in the way

3. Member
    I've sold lots of these seats to all kinds of fishermen and they love them. Only complaint I've had is sometimes the straps that go from the bottom to the back rest get in the way.
    Last edited by Brianmoore25; 02-12-2018 at 07:46 PM.

4. Member
    I bought the butt seat that looks like a pommel horse. I have yet to use it though. I will probably give it a shot on windy day this spring.

5. Member
    Don't know if this will help, but....
    "Since they seem to pitch you forward too much.". The mounting plate affixed to the bottom of most seats has a direction arrow on it. If that arrow isn't pointing forward, you will lean in the wrong direction. Simple fix is to remove 4 screws, rotate, and reinstall. Hope that helps.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Don't know if this will help, but....
    "Since they seem to pitch you forward too much.". The mounting plate affixed to the bottom of most seats has a direction arrow on it. If that arrow isn't pointing forward, you will lean in the wrong direction. Simple fix is to remove 4 screws, rotate, and reinstall. Hope that helps.
    Rich, I've also head of folks using washers to get even more pitch.

7. Member
    Every seat base that I've ever bought ( maybe a dozen over 50 years of messing with my boats) has had a "tilted shaft". It is there to give our seats a natural backwards lean. Once, I put a seat on without paying attention to the frontward facing arrow. As soon as I sat down, I knew what I did wrong.

Most comfortable replacement seats out there in my opinion. They also make two versions of a "butt" seat. When sitting all day for a week or more prefishing for tournaments while spider rigging you will figure out what a comfortable seat is. I have a had lower back surgery in the past and I can sit long hours in these with no issues. The material allows air to move through it to keep you cooler in summer time and also will dry super fast.
    2015 RT188 Mercury 4 Stroke Laser II 21P
    Helix 12/360 Imaging/Dual Helix 10's/Ultrex