Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    It’s been said but boats hold their value very similar to cars. Add one are just wasted money. No different than buying a new truck and putting a $10k stereo in it. The $10k stereo is a complete loss. Same goes on boats with graphs , pp and trolling motors when you buy the top of the line stuff

2. Member

Lightbulb Warranty Transfer on Ranger 2012 RT198P

Hello everyone. I just bought a 2021 Ranger RT198P up here in Canada. My question is about the warranty transfer. Is it worth spending the $200 US dollars plus another $200 for a ranger dealer to do the inspection. The boat is in pretty mint condition and the motor has 47 hours on it. If any issues arise with the warranty does the Ranger dealership deal with the issues ? or does the boat have to go back to the Ranger in the US. Thanks in advance for your input.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishing1004 View Post
    Hello everyone. I just bought a 2021 Ranger RT198P up here in Canada. My question is about the warranty transfer. Is it worth spending the $200 US dollars plus another $200 for a ranger dealer to do the inspection. The boat is in pretty mint condition and the motor has 47 hours on it. If any issues arise with the warranty does the Ranger dealership deal with the issues ? or does the boat have to go back to the Ranger in the US. Thanks in advance for your input.
    Worth it for sure with as many cracked hull issues they have been having.

4. Member
    Read the warranty: If you bought it from the original owner within five years you get the warranty up to ten years. Only the original owner gets a lifetime warranty. When I bought my 2017 RT188 only the dealer could add a power pole, then it had to be the Sportsman, without voiding the warranty. Seems like there are a more details when it comes to the lifetime for the original owner. White River may have updated the warranty? Either way I'd find a copy and read it for myself.

I had a couple warranty claims on a glass model I owned back in the early 2000's. Ranger fixed them all without question. They did want it returned to the factory which was a lengthy process.

5. Member
    Cracks I'm guessing your talking about the fiberglass hauls?

6. Member
    Cracks I'm guessing your talking about the fiberglass hauls?
    No, aluminum, the fiberglass ones don't have that problem, they are pretty well made in that regard.

7. Member
    I've read the warranty and from what i see is they will cover any haul issues from normal wear and tear. up tp 10 years from the time I've purchased it and if I get it inspected by a Ranger dealer. with in 30 days of purchase. I guess I will need to contact the dealer and ask them if they take care of any issues on site at dealership. But if the boat has to go back to the factory and me being up here in Bowmanville Ontario that's a lot of money to send it or tow it down to them. Also being a aluminum boat what could go wrong with the haul as long as your aren't hitting bottom or hitting rocks and submerged tree stumps.

8. Member
    1) confusing do you mean "haul" or "hull"?
    2) On the aluminum hulls, internal welds at braces can fail and cause cracks, openings in the hull's exterior and leak. While it is not the norm, it can happen. If it happens to you, you will want a warranty and hope it is covered.
    3) If a problem you approach your dealer with is covered under warranty, either they will fix it if they can or it will go back to the factory. If it has to go back to the factory, that is not an expense you pay that is covered under warranty

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

9. Member
    There has been some hulls that cracked. Those cracks were caused in part by people beating the crap out of them in rough water.

I have a 2015 Triton 18TX (same hull as the 188) and have ran it on Kentucky Lake for nine years without any hull issues. They won’t take the abuse that a fiberglass boat will.

10. Member
    I've read the warranty and from what i see is they will cover any haul issues from normal wear and tear. up tp 10 years from the time I've purchased it and if I get it inspected by a Ranger dealer. with in 30 days of purchase. I guess I will need to contact the dealer and ask them if they take care of any issues on site at dealership. But if the boat has to go back to the factory and me being up here in Bowmanville Ontario that's a lot of money to send it or tow it down to them. Also being a aluminum boat what could go wrong with the haul as long as your aren't hitting bottom or hitting rocks and submerged tree stumps.
    https://www.rangerboats.com/content/...m-Warranty.pdf

The second page lays out the warranty for the second owner can transfer for a total of ten years from the INITIAL OWNERS sale date.

As for the expense of going back to Ranger if needed, my choices were take it back to my original dealer after removing my stuff and wait on a Ranger delivery truck to make a delivery to that dealer which could be months to get back to Ranger, or drive it there myself. Either way you're looking at months in the shop. They would deliver back to the original selling dealer when they were going and had room. I was the original owner.

This warranty is fairly standard on all brands except Bass Cat which has no limit on owners for life (hull) as long as a buyer gets it inspected by a Cat approved dealer.

Bottom line is the warranty is rarely needed. My 2017 RT188 has been great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123