Thread: Jackall Rerange

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Keep at it , I’ve been doing very well on it so far . Aggressive strikes and rod rippers

2. Member
    This bait DOES NOT CATCH FISH!!!! SHHHHHHHH!! LOL
    First time out with the bait in March, I had my personal best day on a local lake. We caught 10 fish and had 2 (5lbs) and 2 (4lbs) in 3 hours. I sold some of my other baits to buy 4 more colors. Great bait!

3. Member
    What are most folks throwing- 1/2 or 3/4?

4. Member
    The 110 size for me

5. Member
    110 for me too

6. Member
    Tackle Warehouse website shows they have them in stock in 8 different colors for $14.99. For the 110 size all colors in stock but the 130 there are a couple colors they wont have until April 22nd
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Glad I read this thread cuz I threw one for the first time yesterday and it scared the shit of me and my partner! It does make a unique
    “crack” on the cast. It works though. Caught a dink on the third cast. I look forward to using it more, seems to be very well made.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

8. Member
    I have not caught a fish on mines yet but time will tell. I think I still like my Vision 110's better
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Because digging this one back from the dead is becoming a sport for me at this point and I finally got to put the Rerange to work yesterday, I have two comments and a question. First the comments:

1) The weight transfer system does indeed work despite the fact that I couldn't get it to transfer in my hands, and the sound is indeed unnerving no matter how many times you hear it. It's eerily similar to the sound you get when you get a little overzealous with a bait, say a $15 jerkbait, trying to bomb it out as far as you can only to hear your line snap inside your reel due to some nick in the line that originated with the backlash you got the last time you tried to cast something that hard. This, understandably, makes the sound of the weight transfer system even more unnerving than I expected.

2) They work. Very well. Here's the aftermath of my Rerange's first day on the water (scuffs are cosmetic only and in what is a minor miracle for a guy living in MN, are 100% bass teeth induced). They grow up so fast!

And the question: Anybody else have some issues with losing fish on these? The hooks are sticky, sticky sharp - the hole in the side of my left thumb will attest to that fact - but somehow I lost several yesterday on this bait including an absolute tank of a 4+ lber that I got to see blast it over a sandy point. Ordinarily that's not a surprise on treble hooks, but I think this was even worse than with other baits and was even more shocking given how sharp the hooks are. Maybe it was just the day...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

10. Member
    what is the best size
    110 or 130?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinJax View Post
    what is the best size
    110 or 130?
    Completely up to you, though I believe most people are throwing the 110 (myself included). You can really bomb these things out there compared to most jerkbaits. If you like to fish bigger baits or have bigger forage in the waters you fish, give the 130 a try. The numbers are just length in millimeters, so the 110 is ~4.3 inches and the 130 is ~5.1 inches.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

12. Member
    Have been doing very well with the 130 size. My favorite bait so far this spring. 2 wins, a 2nd and a 3rd so far using it. Smallmouth love this lure and my co is getting used to the sound. The hooks are definitely not great, have replaced most of them due to breaking off the soldered barb
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

What size treble hooks do you use to replace these hooks on Rerange 110?

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    What size treble hooks do you use to replace these hooks on Rerange 110?
    Owner ST-36 size 6 is the stock replacement.

Now quit talking about them on your channel so I can actually replenish my stock!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    Size 6, was thinking trying the Ichikawas
    I bought some of them to try for exactly that, but was under the impression that 5 was the right size for the Rerange leading up that so they didn't end up being used. They seem like really good hooks though. Reminiscent of the G-finesse or Zo wire options with that fluorine coating. They're definitely really sharp out of the package, too. I grabbed the regular wire version and, though it's been a minute, my recollection is that they seem slightly heavier than the same size ST-36.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Because digging this one back from the dead is becoming a sport for me at this point and I finally got to put the Rerange to work yesterday, I have two comments and a question. First the comments:

1) The weight transfer system does indeed work despite the fact that I couldn't get it to transfer in my hands, and the sound is indeed unnerving no matter how many times you hear it. It's eerily similar to the sound you get when you get a little overzealous with a bait, say a $15 jerkbait, trying to bomb it out as far as you can only to hear your line snap inside your reel due to some nick in the line that originated with the backlash you got the last time you tried to cast something that hard. This, understandably, makes the sound of the weight transfer system even more unnerving than I expected.

2) They work. Very well. Here's the aftermath of my Rerange's first day on the water (scuffs are cosmetic only and in what is a minor miracle for a guy living in MN, are 100% bass teeth induced). They grow up so fast!

And the question: Anybody else have some issues with losing fish on these? The hooks are sticky, sticky sharp - the hole in the side of my left thumb will attest to that fact - but somehow I lost several yesterday on this bait including an absolute tank of a 4+ lber that I got to see blast it over a sandy point. Ordinarily that's not a surprise on treble hooks, but I think this was even worse than with other baits and was even more shocking given how sharp the hooks are. Maybe it was just the day...

Honestly, I think losing fish on a jerkbait is part of the deal when fishing this bait, especially if the "bite" is fish swiping at the bait, versus t-boning it. Can't tell you how many times I have landed a smallmouth with the side of his head pinned with the top hook and the tail pinned with the third/last treble on the jerkbait. When they are in that swiping mode of attack, your land ratio with any jerkbait will go down. If this continues to happen, which can be a sign of not fully committing to eating the bait, either change colors or change to a different jerkbait to see if you can get a better commitment from the fish.

In general, I have found the rerange to be as good a jerkbait as another jerkbait on the market. It does indeed cast like a bullet, which is a huge advantage on those early windy spring days, and it comes out of the package ready to fish (no tuning required). That said, I carry several jerkbait brands in the boat just because they all have something different to offer the fish on a given day based on their mood. I really like the Stunna, and I carry the Vision 110 just because, well you know, and I like the LC Pointer 100 SP. All four of these jerkbaits are super effective and offer something different than the others I carry, which allows me to really dial in the jerkbait bite.

17. Member
    Patiently waiting for this thread to disappear

Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    Honestly, I think losing fish on a jerkbait is part of the deal when fishing this bait, especially if the "bite" is fish swiping at the bait, versus t-boning it. Can't tell you how many times I have landed a smallmouth with the side of his head pinned with the top hook and the tail pinned with the third/last treble on the jerkbait. When they are in that swiping mode of attack, your land ratio with any jerkbait will go down. If this continues to happen, which can be a sign of not fully committing to eating the bait, either change colors or change to a different jerkbait to see if you can get a better commitment from the fish.

In general, I have found the rerange to be as good a jerkbait as another jerkbait on the market. It does indeed cast like a bullet, which is a huge advantage on those early windy spring days, and it comes out of the package ready to fish (no tuning required). That said, I carry several jerkbait brands in the boat just because they all have something different to offer the fish on a given day based on their mood. I really like the Stunna, and I carry the Vision 110 just because, well you know, and I like the LC Pointer 100 SP. All four of these jerkbaits are super effective and offer something different than the others I carry, which allows me to really dial in the jerkbait bite.
    Old, old thread. I've definitely remedied whatever was plaguing me at the time I made that post as I've caught hundreds on the Rerange at this point....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12