Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Johnny Morris Aquisition?

You guys hearing this too? Some say Clouse would never sell out but everythings for sale for the right price...

2. Member
    Been a few years, I asked someone in the know. He said Clouse said it would never happen. Time will tell.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    Boat show season yet? That's always good for a few rumors.

4. Member
    If so, then at least WE got our boats before bass pro shops/tracker/nitro cheapened them...
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Hopefully Clouse doesn't Nitro us!

6. Member
    Ain't no way. Phoenix is growing so fast they can barely keep up and there's no top in sight. Would be a very bad business move to sell on the climb. Just rumors from others that are butt hurt that the brand they have was bought out. Still have yet to see any of their fears come to light. Ranger quality has been on a downhill long before JM bought them and looking at the new "L" series, he has it moving back in the right direction. Legend isn't going anywhere and I would bet triton quality improves by moving to their plant. Nitro quality continues to improve as it has over the last decade. Much better to have a true outdoorsman as the owner rather than some equity firm that could care less about a boat or anything other than the bottom dollar.

7. Member
    there’s always a possibility. If JM makes an offer that simply can’t be refused, then it would surely happen. Look at all of the other boat brands that have been bought by larger companies in the last 20 years. What makes Phoenix ownership any different?
    It wouldn’t be the end of the world if JM bought Phoenix. BassCat still sells boats after being sold (albeit not to JM); as does Triton, as does Ranger. If Clause gets a great offer, I’d applaud him for building a company that valuable, and selling it for top dollar.

8. Member
    I can't think of any of those brands that weren't in some kind of financial issue. Atleast not one that was a growing brand. True, anything is possible and to me, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened. I do like the way phoenix is currently operated and the small ownership but as long as quality and customer service stayed the same we wouldn't really have anything to complain about. Now, if they did something like kill the brand I would be highly pissed.

I don't know if you guys have seen the latest MLF, but it they actually announce the brands Nitro Z18, Bass Cat, and Phoenix boats. That could be the first sign that businesses are talking when they allow competitors to be advertised on a sponsor based show.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

10. Member
    The past couple years they also have been using Phoenix and Bass Cat boats along with the Nitro boats.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I don't know if you guys have seen the latest MLF, but it they actually announce the brands Nitro Z18, Bass Cat, and Phoenix boats. That could be the first sign that businesses are talking when they allow competitors to be advertised on a sponsor based show.
    Using these boats is not new. They have all been on mlf for some time.

Don’t think Johnny is buying Phoenix and here is why. A long time tracker dealer near me recently took on Phoenix. This dealer has two different locations in two different towns and at the recent tracker meeting he was told his tracker elite dealer status would be pulled if he didn’t drop Phoenix. His new contract with tracker also forbade him from putting one of his dealerships under anyone’s name that is blood kin. Phoenix couldn’t guarantee him enough boats to make up the difference so he is going back to tracker exclusive.

13. Member
    I had 6 Rangers and sold my last one when JM bought them. Until he proves otherwise, his track record has always been profit over quality. So then I bought a Legend and well.... we all know how that worked out for me. I don't see JM buying Phoenix. Legend was a much smaller operation in terms of boats made per year however they had a huge facility and a skilled workforce. They hit a bump in the road financially which made them prime for a buyout. Phoenix is growing and the brand is strengthening. There is no reason for Gary to sell.

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Maybe Gary wants to retire? Everyone does except for JM
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    Reminds me of the story where Bill Gates approached the owner of an island on lake Vermillion in Mn and said he wanted to buy the island. The owner told him it was not for sale. Guess what, Bill Gates owns that island!

Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Been a few years, I asked someone in the know. He said Clouse said it would never happen. Time will tell.
    Pool 10

16. Member
    I don’t know anything about a buy out but, everything is for sale for the right price. Phoenix boats is a business in the market to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Using these boats is not new. They have all been on mlf for some time.
    I didn't notice them announce, but I think he is saying that they said they were using all three boats. In the past they always just said they were "hitting the water in their nitro's" even though they were using cats and birds.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

18. Member
    I've heard the rumor also. As has been said, everything is for sale. Not sure JM would be as likely to purchase Phoenix as one of the engine companies, like Yamaha/Evinrude. They need more captive transoms to counter JM's brands likely becoming all Mercury one day.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    You guys hearing this too? Some say Clouse would never sell out but everythings for sale for the right price...
    So if you’re hearing that what’s your source?

20. Member
    Guys Gary is not the Soul Owner, theirs 2 Silent Owners who have the $$$$$$

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast