Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carpeted glove box lid

Has anyone put the new style carpet covered passenger glove box lid on a ZX boat with the plastic lid? I have a '16 zx250 and like the looks of the new one. Looks like it would be a lot more durable.

same box lid ..just in carpet clothing..( like the ol sayin wolf in sheep clothing)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    same box lid ..just in carpet clothing..( like the ol sayin wolf in sheep clothing)
    No, it's completely different and a way more quality part compared to the old plastic door. It is a carpeted aluminum door with a slam latch. You can purchase the FX/new ZX style door, latch, and carpeted panel that goes btwn door and gunnel fm your dealer. Part numbers as follows:

Door: 91132545
    Filler panel: 91132550
    Slam latch: 91051054
    Key: 91051050

4. Member
    I had Skeeter put one on my 17 ZX 225 when it was in for some other work. It fits perfectly and looks ALOT better! A very good addition to the boat and much improvment over the plastic lid.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    No, it's completely different and a way more quality part compared to the old plastic door. It is a carpeted aluminum door with a slam latch. You can purchase the FX/new ZX style door, latch, and carpeted panel that goes btwn door and gunnel fm your dealer. Part numbers as follows:

Door: 91132545
    Filler panel: 91132550
    Slam latch: 91051054
    Key: 91051050
    Pics please.

6. Member
    I'll be buying it for my boat but, they should replace it for free. Unreal it was ever put on there in the first place for the money we paid. I've had to replace mine once already under warranty.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouse4 View Post
    Pics please.

disregard aluminum FX panel on top of filler panel. thats a different part no

8. Member

Will these carpeted boxes fit the older models? I have a 2008 ZX190 with a plastic lid, which has never stayed dry when it rains. Does this style stay dry for those that have it?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    Will these carpeted boxes fit the older models? I have a 2008 ZX190 with a plastic lid, which has never stayed dry when it rains. Does this style stay dry for those that have it?
    I spoke with a skeeter dealer yesterday about your question. He is checking with the factory and is supposed to get back to me this week. I'll let you know what they say.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    What price is the dealers getting for all the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    I spoke with a skeeter dealer yesterday about your question. He is checking with the factory and is supposed to get back to me this week. I'll let you know what they say.
    Thanks chwebmaker! Those look good. I have always wanted to do something different.

13. Member
    Thanks for the part numbers and all the other input.

14. Member
    My dealer told me Skeeter isn't offering this for the 2017 or older models, this was yesterday 1-4-18

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richhat52 View Post
    My dealer told me Skeeter isn't offering this for the 2017 or older models, this was yesterday 1-4-18
    Not offering them as warranty replacement parts for pre MY17 product but they sell them, in limited quantities obviously.

16. Member

Looking at at these 2017 photos compared to the 2018 model with the box open, it looks like they built a ridge on the 2018 that the 17 doesn’t have. Isn’t the front base different on the two?

Oh well....picture posting issues

17. Member
    My dealer told me they didn't offer the part and called Skeeter on the issue. I gave them the part number listed above said nothing came up. No backorder available nothing said they did not offer an aluminum lid for the 2017 or older models. If anyone has a picture of one one there boat please send it to me so I can send it to skeeter to show them they serviced someone on this issue. The pick above looks like its on a FX model boat.

18. Member
    The pictures online of 2018 model zx's for sale show the lid as does skeeter website for 2018 ad boats

19. Member
    I give up on trying to load pictures here.
    IM me and I can either email or text them to you.

Did my 2017 ZX 250 yesterday.
    Used a lid and side step from a 2017 FX that added a second console.
    Had to reuse box insert and could not use latch.

20. Member
    It is disappointing that Skeeter doesn't have options available for boat owners and easily available part #'s to help Skeeter boat owners upgrade their boats. Between the dealers and skeeter factory there is disorganization. This is not rocket science. It is very frustrating and getting answers from them is like pulling teeth.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast