Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Reviving this.

Ive got all the parts except the bevel or insert that goes around the hole as seen in the pic. Does anyone have a skeeter part # for that or know of a part that fits it good?

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    Reviving this.

Ive got all the parts except the bevel or insert that goes around the hole as seen in the pic. Does anyone have a skeeter part # for that or know of a part that fits it good?

It's just formable edging. Its aluminum encased with plastic. I know Fun N Sun in Hurst, TX has it and sells it by the foot. Its inexpensive.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    Mark, I meant the trim/insert piece in this pic.

Am I crazy? It looks like a molded one piece insert that fits the hole.

Mark, can we see a pic of how yours looks if you have the formable edging, if you get a chance?
    Last edited by wbrown; 12-17-2018 at 10:17 AM.

4. Member

5. Member
    Ordered one today. I'll let yall know how it fits my 2017 ZX250

6. Member
    Update: The trim piece fit like a glove. I was glad to purchase that piece as I think it does a good job of both covering the fiberglass shards inside the hole, and the lip is high enough to where it should rest against the lid foam and keep it pretty water tight.

7. Member
    What did that insert trim piece cost? I ordered a kit this week but wasnt told about that. Was hoping everything came in kit.

8. Member
    It was $29.30 plus $12 shipping plus some tax. I believe $44 total is what I had to pay just for the trim piece. Kind of high but I wanted it to look and fit good.

9. Member
    Ok thanks. Where did you order from?

Older thread, pic links are dead but does anyone have pics of this installed with the various pieces? I got a cost from the dealer on the first list, but sounds like I also need this "trim piece" as well? Part no 91202679? Want to be sure I order everything I need...

Also, what is the issue with the slam latch? If it doesn't work I don't see the need in ordering it?

"Glove Box" list
    91132545 - Door
    91132550 - Filler Panel
    91051054 - Slam Latch
    91051050 - Key

and now
    91202679 - Trim Piece?

I found this pic online... is this the "trim piece" being discussed - part no 91202679?

Well everything's on order... will post up results when I get everything going...

Parts are in... Well, everything except the catch the Slam Latch would latch on to. One would think when you order the Slam latch it would include that, but apparently not :(.

Still took the old one off and mocked things up... A bit confused on the filler panel. There's no obvious way to mount it than I can see. The Glove Box cover of course has the hinge, but the filler panel is just a carpeted block that fills that dead space.

EDIT - Actually, now looking at the picture I can see holes in the top pane, I assume you just screw down through those...

Last edited by 78Staff; 12-27-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Well the Lid is mounted... kind of an odd fit, and not the easiest to install. I assume the factory has a jig or template for drilling mounting holes, would make it so much easier - hard to measure for the holes as the opening lip and hinge are in the way.. Also the lid won't stay open on it's own, there's not enough clearance from the rod locker lid - factory may stand it off from the lid with a spacer or something for clearance? I actually tried to do that with some washers to test but never really got a satisfactory result, so just mounted it up direct to the bulkhead.

Still don't have the catch, Dealer closed till after new year so will be at least till then, but knowing the dealer and Skeeter probably longer.

Haven't mounted the filler plate yet either, don't have long enough screws. But not 100% I want to mount it, tbh. I mean, it's mainly cosmetic best I can tell. Will mull it over.

EDIT - Actually looks like factory lid may not stand up on itw own either? Here' s a vid from Tyler's Reel Fishing, pretty active Skeeter "influencer" or whatever they call these youtubers... and he appears to be holding the lid up the whole time he's got it open... starts around 7:15 mark.

Last edited by 78Staff; 12-27-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Well I am happy with it. Nice and solid, no give of flex like the plastic cheapy stock ZX one. Decided I am also going to go ahead and mount the filler panel as well so it's a continuous level platform across there, which I guess is the whole point of that panel :). Hopefully the catch latch will arrive quicker than the original order.

Bonus, the key for the new slam latch on the glove bob lid also works for the slam latch in the day box in front of the drivers console (which I did not have a key for). I either got really lucky, or Skeeter only uses a few key codes for these :).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123