250 ox66 question

Can you put a ox66 block under a Hpdi cowling?

2. Banned
    What mid-section will the OX66 block be mounted on?

Will the lower cowling also be an HPDI cowling?

Looks like there is plenty of vertical clearance but there are many other issues involved. What exactly is intended to be done?

3. Member
    Yes I have 2003hpdi blown power head with hole in block I have a ox66 with all wiring would like to install

4. Banned
    The base gasket and other midsection components have different part numbers. Does not mean they are not interchangeable, it just does not confirm that they are.

If I were in your shoes I would at least give it a go. Start by comparing your HPDI base gasket to one for the OX66 block or to an OX66 base gasket to see what the differences may be, if any. If the OX66 base gasket fits your HPDI exhaust manifold I would proceed with the installation.

I think the HPDI used a number of OX66 parts as a baseline from which to start.

5. Member
    PM sent

6. Banned
    If you look at the 3.3L hpdi block it has the same block casting as ox66 3.1L. This is most evident by the unfinished casting of the o2 sensor location on the 3.3 block. If base gasket is the same i dont see why this conversion wouldn't work.