Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Kllr bee
    I have access to both size Motors. Will get back to this soon.
    Richard aka Kllr bee

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Both size"- needs to be very specific (as in serial numbers). Good idea to start with the cylinder block part numbers, sleeve porting dimensions (have to look at aftermarket sleeves for that), pistons, heads, and other mentioned components (varies depending on precisely which two engines are involved).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Originally Posted by kllr bee
    Savage is wrong! You can change the horsepower on a Mercury 2 stroke by changing the computer only.

Richard AKA Kllr bee
    Nope not wrong, just tired of having to prove my statements........Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    There were years where a computer and an air intake part could be replaced but that ship ran aground years ago. An example would be the 135/150 Optis and I believe some in the 75/90 range too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    ^^^ And this, my friends, costs EVERYONE. There are very few of us that REALLY know how much time folks like Savage have put in here helping out. And when folks make someone like him feel unappreciated, that trickles down to all of us that help out.

Savage: Thank you!

06SB... You're correct, although even those engines required SOME change take place other than just the PCM program (in some cases as simple as a rubber grommet, others might be throttle plate, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Don, Joe, Silverfox, and Savage are much appreciated by many of us on here!

Amen
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12