fishing deep or out off the bank

Is there any tricks to fishing deep 10 foot or more how do you know where to fish deep.I have no luck

2. Member
    There is sticky thread above, ledge fishing. Pretty good place to start, follow it up with the youtube, find a fella named "Flukemaster". He has quite of few how to videos. Both of those will give you a lot of information to digest.

Dave
    2015 RT178 - 75HP Mercury Four Stroke

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    Do you maps on your graph/s? If so, look for points, humps, ledges, roadbeds, etc..

Fish channel swing banks or ledges that the channel runs into!

6. Member
    The trick is to stay with it. Look for all the places the others have mentioned, but if you don't catch fish that doesn't mean you're not fishing the right places. There is usually at least one sweet spot on every piece of structure, and it's not necessarily the spot that looks the best on your electronics.

Fish with something that you can for sure feel the bottom. For me that means a Carolina rig. Learn the bottom, and the transition areas from say gravel to rock, or gravel to sand or mud. Those edges can be key, and they're easy to feel with a Carolina rig. Also, Carolina rigs are not just for searching, for me they excel at catching fish of every size.

Anyhow ...... the trick is staying with it. If you don't stay with it you'll never learn it. And once you do and start catching fish, you may just end up loving fishing deep as you do fishing shallow. I love fishing deep water. It's a lot less crowed on the lakes I fish.

7. Member
    I'm still listening every tip I can get I will try

8. Member
    Great question. i can say than in the last 3 years, my boat hasn't gotten much shallower than 10-12 FOW. I think the biggest thing for me was simply confidence in the offshore deal. It was hard for me to leave the bank when I knew I could go to docks or grass and whack em. The biggest help for me was not only investing in good graphs, but then understanding what they were showing, and having the confidence to believe that them graphs don't lie. I spent a ton of time here on the electronics boards and watched more Youtube vidoes than I care to admit learning how to read a graph. But more importantly, I spent a ton more time off the water looking at Navionics and Google Earth to pinpoint areas where the fish should be, and then getting on the water and graphing. You can eliminate 90% of a lake behind the computer looking at Topo maps if you have a basic understanding of seasonal patterns. I would suggest 2 things: 1, KVD had an article via BASS on seasonal patterns. Find it and read it. Then go to the Navionics Web App (free on computer) and apply KVD's season patterns to your lake and pinpoint high percentage areas. Graph those areas to get an understanding, and then fish em. If you need a confidence booster, throw out a dropshot or C-rig and fish slow. Those 2 techniques seem to get bites fast, and will help you understand what is going on in a particular area.

**found the article**
    https://www.bassmaster.com/vandams-6-season-bass-guide

Thanks for the link
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    The trick is to stay with it. Look for all the places the others have mentioned, but if you don't catch fish that doesn't mean you're not fishing the right places. There is usually at least one sweet spot on every piece of structure, and it's not necessarily the spot that looks the best on your electronics.

Fish with something that you can for sure feel the bottom. For me that means a Carolina rig. Learn the bottom, and the transition areas from say gravel to rock, or gravel to sand or mud. Those edges can be key, and they're easy to feel with a Carolina rig. Also, Carolina rigs are not just for searching, for me they excel at catching fish of every size.

Anyhow ...... the trick is staying with it. If you don't stay with it you'll never learn it. And once you do and start catching fish, you may just end up loving fishing deep as you do fishing shallow. I love fishing deep water. It's a lot less crowed on the lakes I fish.
    Exactly. You have to make a commitment and be willing to struggle early on. I've taken guys out with me who are from areas where 7 feet is as deep as they go and they find themselves sitting in 25-30 feet with me, minimum. They have to adjust cause I ain't movin in.

11. Member
    Hey Triton bass,

Here's a link to the Navionics Webb app:

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boatin...cnm%7BE~fs%7CP

Its free to use and shows you contour lines of thousands of lakes around the country. I would look for places where the creek channel swings in close to a main lake point or flat and where the contour lines are really close together. Try starting with 3/4 oz football jig. That's what I learned to fish offshore with and it works in 7ft of water all the way out to 30ft.

I also have a YouTube channel with videos explaining how to find fish offshore. I show navionics maps, screenshots from my side imaging, down, imaging and 2D sonar and I also put in graphics to help explain things.

Here's a link to one video:

Fish the Moment
    YouTube Fisherman
    FLW College Fishing Southern Conference Champion
    5-Time Junior B.A.S.S. State Champion in Arkansas and Wisconsin

Check out my YouTube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWM...lN-Jfw6o-hGTuw

Please leave a comment on my videos to let me know how I can improve and what other techniques I should talk about!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jkarol24 View Post
    Great question. i can say than in the last 3 years, my boat hasn't gotten much shallower than 10-12 FOW. I think the biggest thing for me was simply confidence in the offshore deal. It was hard for me to leave the bank when I knew I could go to docks or grass and whack em. The biggest help for me was not only investing in good graphs, but then understanding what they were showing, and having the confidence to believe that them graphs don't lie. I spent a ton of time here on the electronics boards and watched more Youtube vidoes than I care to admit learning how to read a graph. But more importantly, I spent a ton more time off the water looking at Navionics and Google Earth to pinpoint areas where the fish should be, and then getting on the water and graphing. You can eliminate 90% of a lake behind the computer looking at Topo maps if you have a basic understanding of seasonal patterns. I would suggest 2 things: 1, KVD had an article via BASS on seasonal patterns. Find it and read it. Then go to the Navionics Web App (free on computer) and apply KVD's season patterns to your lake and pinpoint high percentage areas. Graph those areas to get an understanding, and then fish em. If you need a confidence booster, throw out a dropshot or C-rig and fish slow. Those 2 techniques seem to get bites fast, and will help you understand what is going on in a particular area.

**found the article**
    https://www.bassmaster.com/vandams-6-season-bass-guide
    Thanks for the link

13. Member
    That is a good link .