basscat 2001 cougar

I am having issues pulling transducer wire through the small hole provided by bass cat to transom-it is consistently hanging 1 ft from the transom !The plug of my old transducer wire will not pull through any ideas?

2. Member
    I am having the same issue too, I'd be interested to know what you end up doing

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy BC View Post
    I am having issues pulling transducer wire through the small hole provided by bass cat to transom-it is consistently hanging 1 ft from the transom !The plug of my old transducer wire will not pull through any ideas?
    Not sure on an 01 but on my 07 if you pull the starboard vent out you can get your fish tape from the helm to the rear corner. Just stuff the flex hose down out of your way. When you get your fish tape ready feed it from the helm to the rear. If you make sure you clear the wire bundle coming to the helm, keep the tape to the outside of the gunnel (hull) as far you can, then let it ride to the stern in corner. You can then get a coat hanger and grab the tape through the bilge access and feed it up through the vent hole. It is the perfect angle to feed wiring back to the helm. Helps if you have someone to slowly feed the wire at the stern when you pull it back to you. I just upgraded electronics and ran my NMEA and ducer cables with ease. I even had to go back and pull new power wires after and got the tape in there again with no problem. Hope this helps.