Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lake Monroe Guided Trip April 2017

Good afternoon all ...

Looking for a recommendation for a guide on Lake Monroe for the second week in April. I specifically want to fish Lake Monroe since it will eventually become my "home" lake.

I was looking at http://www.bassonline.com and they listed Captain Steve Niemoeller or Captain Kip Grunloh. Any experience with either?

Open to all suggestions ... thanks!
    2003 Skeeter TZX190 DC (SOLD)
    Yamaha 150TLRB

2. Member
    https://www.basschallenger.com/.....St. Johns River or Monroe, the best.

3. Member
    That link doeswn't seem to be working Sir

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    https://www.basschallenger.com/.....St. Johns River or Monroe, the best.
    Eddie Bussard (i.e. Bass Challenger) is the guy you want. He has been guiding on Monroe for 30 years. The website was up a couple of days ago.

Bitters Bait & Tackle In Longwood will have his#. You can reach them at 407-699-6619.

Also I would plan on stopping by Bitters while in the area. They are about 10 miles from Lake Monroe and the are one of the best bass tackle shops in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Eddie Bussard (i.e. Bass Challenger) is the guy you want. He has been guiding on Monroe for 30 years. The website was up a couple of days ago.

Bitters Bait & Tackle In Longwood will have his#. You can reach them at 407-699-6619.

Also I would plan on stopping by Bitters while in the area. They are about 10 miles from Lake Monroe and the are one of the best bass tackle shops in Florida.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

also reach out for some guy named Mickstix on this board
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Sorry Bill, Im probably booked that week.. But if you can't get me, Eddie is the guy you want!!

Seriously, Eddie is the guy! Also check him out on Facebook. "Bass Challenger Guide Service"

Thanks!
    2003 Skeeter TZX190 DC (SOLD)
    Yamaha 150TLRB

what they said Eddie Bussard

9. Member
    John Cox if you can get him.

I fished with Eddie many years ago when my Nephew came down for a visit and I was still new to Florida and didn't know much about where to go and wanted him to get on some fish. We caught a few fish, think I got 3 and Nephew 2, but it was nothing like he was saying to expect. Can't say he did a bad job but can't say it was what I expected either. He was more interested in getting the trip over so he could get back and go somewhere.

10. Member
    John Cox is another good one

11. Member
    Cox is leading the field on Harris right now.

12. Member
    Deadeye1. I'm not on here to call you out. But I will tell you right now. Never in my 36 years guiding have I told a client what to exspect on a trip. #1. If it's not one of my regular clients that I have fished with in the past I have no ideal of their fishing abilities. #2 With the shallow water we have here on Lake Monroe it's a very unpredictable lake to fish. #3. Fish have tails and swim and I can't control that.
    You are one out of around 10 thousand clients I have guided(if I even guided you) in my 36 years of guiding that publicly bashed me on the internet. So I am sure it was 100 percent my fault you didn't catch as many fish as you hoped to catch.

I couldnt have helped the gentleman that was asking anyway because I am booked through mid May. But I am going to defend myself both on and off the water. Hope to see you around on the lake and just maybe we can discuss this in person.

Captain
    Eddie Bussard
    Last edited by buzzard1; 03-19-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Well said, I like the new boat the other day whenI finally saw it. Not sure about you and your clients the other day but me and Mick froze , it was an early day for us

14. Member
    Yeah it was a little windy and cold for sure. My clients were from New York so it was easy for them to deal with.
    I froze all morning having to stick my hands in that cold shiner water and fetch shiner's out.

PS. Mick looked like he was freezing before you even put the boat in.
    Last edited by buzzard1; 03-19-2017 at 04:55 PM.

haha yep you know how the northern transplants have that thin skin lol. Hopefully I will see you out there soon
    If not Im sure I will see you at Stevies wedding

16. Member
    I'm not saying a word. I guided Mick when he was moving down here many many years ago. He might take revenge out on me !! Haha.

17. Member
    i would be happy to take you out there myself. i have fished monroe since i was really little and know the area well. i also love the st. johns even prefer it actually but i'm sure we can find fish in both.

18. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard1 View Post
    I'm not saying a word. I guided Mick when he was moving down here many many years ago. He might take revenge out on me !! Haha.
    LoL.. I told Brent about that trip the other day! We were talkin about this thread matter of fact.. I'd just moved to FL and just got my "bass boat". I'd heard the stories of Monroe (FL basically) "The lakes are shallow and if it gets windy.. .." So I was hell bent on the river. Eddie told me the fish were "on" in the lake that time of year, but I insisted on a "learning trip" on the river.. He took me to every damn spot on that river from Highbanks to Bearsford and back! Including the back cuts!! It started raining and was cold! I had to practically beg him to take me back to the ramp! That trip is my "milk run" to this day, when I fish that area of the river.. And when I showed up unprepared to take notes, the man pulled out a pad and pen for me and said "Take all the notes ya need!" If he had anywhere else to be, in that shit weather, I certainly didn't know about it! (And we caught fish BTW!)

Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    haha yep you know how the northern transplants have that thin skin lol.
    WHAT?? I could of went all day!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickstix; 03-20-2017 at 09:58 AM.

19. Member
    Your attached images ain't showing up

20. Member
    I know that wasn't a fun ride for you guys. Monroe and 3 footers at daylight. Thank God for this big bay boat on mornings like that.
    Good to see ya Mick and THANKS !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast