'11 Mercury 115 4 stroke bogs down

Have some problems with my motor...Cranks fine...idles fine...put in gear & it idles fine...runs top end fine...the problem is when u throw the gas to it to get out of the hole the motor bogs down & shakes...like it is running out of gas...sometimes it will catch up & get up out of the hole...sometimes you have to start over...sometimes the buzzer will go off but it's not storing any fault codes...had it hooked to computer showed no fault codes...fuel pump...coils...injectors all checked out fine...gas lines...fuel filters are all new...any suggestions...

Serial # 1B892597

What prop, boat and propshaft height

Is this just started or after running a while
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

3. Member
    This is a custom built Scandy white tunnel hull...hydraulic jackplate...spitfire x7 19 pitch...this problem just started 2 weeks ago...it does it at the beginning & when it's been run a while

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do you have PRINTOUTS from the Computer Diagnostic System (and/or recordings with the CDS, when the engine is doing this)? Would be interesting to watch the MAP data...

WARNING HORN "BEEPED"

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    It was the throttle position sensor...

6. Member
    My 250 is doing the same thing. I can't get it out of the hole just started yesterday. How did you find your issue?

7. Member
    Had to hook computer to it and go to lake to run it..it had built a memory in the sensor...if I threw the hammer down it wouldn't do it...if I eased into it would do it at have throttle...

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Sensor that's failing within range" (often does not cause any fault, just a related performance problem).

Bassmaster 6548... good idea to open a SEPARATE thread on the 3L Forum for your engine (one engine per thread, in the appropriate forum).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor