Rat L Trap hook size?

What size hooks should I use for quarter, half and three quarter ounce lipless traps? Thanks

2. Member
    4's on the 1/2 and 3/4 oz baits. Not sure on the 1/4's a 6 or 8 you will just have to see which size won't tangle with each other.

3. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    you can fit a 4 on the front of a 1/4 trap, but it wont run as well. 2 4's on a 1/2 oz trap. 2 and a 4 on the 3/4 oz for me.

I put #4's on the 1/4 and 1/2 ounce baits and a #2 on the 3/4 ounce baits.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    I use a size #4 on the front and a #6 on the back of a 1/4oz Rat-L-Trap. For the 1/2oz and 3/4oz I use a size #2 on the front and a #4 on the back, the larger hook on the front really helps in hook up and landing percentage.

6. Member
    And I would guess that the heavier hook on front gives the bait the proper attitude - angle - since I think 1/4 n halfs are designed with #4 in front n #6 on back. Nose down n easier to rip up out of hydrilla n milfoil.

7. Member
    I'll just add that I hook and land a lot more fish on Rattle Trap type baits by using heavier wire hooks. I attribute it to less hook flex. I use them on any treble hooked bait that I will be reeling fast. It's been paying off in landing percentage ever since I made the switch. Might be something to give a try. I'd be curious if others have had the same results as me.