2017 921 ProXp with Merc 250. Which Prop

I got a 2017 with a Mercury 250 Pro XS on the back. I have a 12 in hydo jack plate and a 25p fury prop. Has anyone gone up to the 26? If so do you like it better? Did it improve speed or hole shot?

2. Member
    25p fury

3. Member
    anyone else?

4. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    I believe Mark H. runs a 26p fury on his 921, but its my understanding that prop is unique. Most guys run the 25p fury on the 921s.

5. Moderator
    I am running a 25 fury on mine and it performs really well. I am going to try a tempest I have here just to see.

I do run a 26 fury but its a old one. The 25 fury will probably be hard to beat for overall performance. If I didn't have my 26 that's what I'd be running.
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 ProXS
    www.arduckblinds.com
    www.horizontrikes.com

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark H. View Post
    I do run a 26 fury but its a old one. The 25 fury will probably be hard to beat for overall performance. If I didn't have my 26 that's what I'd be running.
    what's your max speed mark?

8. Member
    I have a 721 and I can tell you I get better top end speed with the Fury 26. The mid range I think is maybe a little better with the 25. I only used the 25 one day and It came off quick and put the 26 back on .

9. Member
    If you want to get on plane faster with the fury 26 just drop the jack plate down to 10 on a Atlas and you will be on plane real quick. I think the 26 is the better over all prop. My 721 came with the 26 from Phoenix for a reason

10. Member
    If you can get both the 25 might be better in the rough stuff I'm told it won't blow out as bad but mine has never blown out

Quote Originally Posted by txsuperman View Post
    what's your max speed mark?
    Day in and day out in the summer with two people, full gas, livewells empty 73 is a solid number. In winter 74. Have seen 75 but not the norm. Drops a little with livewells full. Maybe about 1mph. When guys get to talking about speed I take it with a grain a salt cause so many variables. My 26 is not that much faster than a 25. I need to send it and get it touched up. Those speed are with me (230) and partners that are 275 plus.
    Last edited by Mark H.; 12-04-2016 at 10:05 AM.
    www.arduckblinds.com
    www.horizontrikes.com

Ill be in the minority and go with a Bravo in a 26

Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Ill be in the minority and go with a Bravo in a 26
    True if he had a Verado. But the guys that you bought your boat from (buddies of mine) have tried a lot of props and seems for the ProXS a three blade is better or should I say faster.
    www.arduckblinds.com
    www.horizontrikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H. View Post
    True if he had a Verado. But the guys that you bought your boat from (buddies of mine) have tried a lot of props and seems for the ProXS a three blade is better or should I say faster.

Again...the Bravo runs great on a XS. I ran one on my last boat and have plenty of friends that run a Bravo as well. It made not be the absolute fastest prop in perfect water, but anyone who fishes tournaments will have better overall results in a Bravo than a 3 blade prop.

Fast in perfect water means nothing to me, or many guys. Bravos will carry a load and handle better in tournament conditions. If you have never ran one and actually dialed a boat in with one, there is no need to comment. A Verado doesnt mean shit to me. I would run a Bravo regardless of being a 2 stroke or a 4. Its a superior prop all around. The only thing a 3 blade will have on it is top end...and thats in great water conditions.