T-ducer switchbox ?

I have seen considerable discussion on the echomap series being able to run 2 transducers. I for one have a dog in this fight as I run 93svchirp / 73dv on bow and 93sv non chirp/lowrance elite 5 at console of 93 Stratos 201 Pro. My question is why can't Garmin design a switchbox to physically switch between the in-hull /transom mount ducers? I would love to replace the lowrance elite5 with another 93svchirp at console but I need the ability to see depth while running, because I fish KY LAKE at winter pool and I prefer not to sacrifice scanning capabilities with GT30. I spent this past weekend on KY Lake and had a ball with my Garmin scanning the ledges. Also, I felt very comfortable running the lake with the standard lakevu mapping including hazardous secondary channels of the west side of lake. Is it impossible, on the technical side of design of switchbox or more, that Garmin prefers to have separation of qualities between Echomaps / 7600 series? Love my Garmin, but I personally hope that Garmin will see that safety of its customers far out weigh sale strategies.

2. Member
    You may be able to accomplish what you want by swapping out your GT40 td for a GT20 (for side/down view) and adding either a P72 or a P79 (for 2d) in hull td. Then connect them with a H-cable which goes to the 93sv. Since the 93 is non chirp you won't loose much when it comes to 2d (the p79 is better than the p72 for 2d).
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

3. Member
    I think gt20 is only downvu , gt30 would work. I just think an external switchbox would be a great option that could expand other options for their customers. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe1 View Post
    I think gt20 is only downvu , gt30 would work. I just think an external switchbox would be a great option that could expand other options for their customers. Thanks
    Yes, the GT30 is what you need, along with the y-cable (010-12445-33) and an inhull 2D xducer (GT15, P72, or P79 - I recommend the GT15) for CHIRP units.

For non-CHIRP units, also the GT30, and the x-cable (010-12234-07), and either the P72 or P79 inhull for 2D (GT 15 is not compatible).
    Garmin Pro Team