Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just an FYI - According to Mercury's website the 115hp pro xs 4 stroke only comes in the 2.38:1 gear ratio now. It still shows the CT as an option on the regular 115hp 4 stroke.

2. Member
    After checking, motor is in the top holes and jack plate is about as far up as it will go. Ran again yesterday, hit 50 with full tank and wife on basically glass. That is at full trim, full tournament load, full tank, 280ishlbs of human and ON gps. If only the factory speedometer was correct, I'd be running 55+
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Just an FYI - According to Mercury's website the 115hp pro xs 4 stroke only comes in the 2.38:1 gear ratio now. It still shows the CT as an option on the regular 115hp 4 stroke.
    Both gearcases and ratios are still available.
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...xs-fourstroke/
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    Am I missing something? I think I am but something isn't clicking in my noggin.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebass91 View Post
    Am I missing something? I think I am but something isn't clicking in my noggin.

From what Ive been reading from guys that have sent their Laser II props in to have them worked on... The Laser II props seem to actually be a inch bigger than stated.. As in 20p is more like a 21p and a 21p is more like a 22p.That might explain. Maybe somebody with more info can chime in.
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

6. Member
    I went out to C&O today to buy my oil change kit. I checked a few new RT's sitting there with ProXS. All of them that had SS props had the 2.38 gear case with 24 Tempist from Ranger. All of them were sitting with the trim not all the way down. None of them had fell. Gary told me what to try before dragging mine in for trim pump replacement. I do have the 2.08 gears on my early 2017.

Changing the oil on this is SUPER easy!! 60.00 for the kit.

7. Member
    Most outboard powered boats in saltwater are docked with their motors trimmed up so that the lower unit is out of the water. I don't know whether they have some special lock that keeps it held up, but I doubt it. I don't think your trim should creep down really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewerdude View Post
    From what Ive been reading from guys that have sent their Laser II props in to have them worked on... The Laser II props seem to actually be a inch bigger than stated.. As in 20p is more like a 21p and a 21p is more like a 22p.That might explain. Maybe somebody with more info can chime in.
    This must be the case. With a 21p on these numbers is a 5% slip. That is doable, but rare. With a prop out of the box. That has no built in cup, in the prop already.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Most outboard powered boats in saltwater are docked with their motors trimmed up so that the lower unit is out of the water. I don't know whether they have some special lock that keeps it held up, but I doubt it. I don't think your trim should creep down really.
    My mechanic suggested I trim the motor all the way up and drop it with the manual release screw. He said the pressure created may dislodge some trash hung up in manufacturing. He told me to repeat a few times before I drug it in. This is the first thing he does. I did that before I changed the oil and the motor is standing proud this am. He told me there is a screen in there that caught the garbage. All fixed with the oil changed...time to go fishing this week.

I'll still likely leave it all the way down when I'm not going for extended periods.

10. Member
    Excellent news.

11. Member
    Did you ever try the tempest 24. Looking for someone who has run a command thrust with this set up and how it performed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12