Thread: Champion 196

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    She looks to be in great condition other than the carpet and a little wear on the seats. But then thats to be expected on a 15-16yr old boat.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

2. Member
    Lake Effect

I'm the Founder and Executive Director of the Tips Outdoors Foundation. We bought the 2001 Champion 196 Elite that was at Wieda's Marine. The boat has been fantastic! The boat was immaculate except for a minor repair to anchor the seats in place that are in perfect condition. The 200hp Mercury Optimax is solid and runs great! We have made some upgrades as far as all new LED lights in the trailer and throughout the boat including all new custom LED toggle switches to give all the switch panels an up to date 2017 look and function.

I was with Ranger Boats for 18 years. I have been dealing with some severe health challenges and this is the first boat in over 20years that I have ran that's not a Ranger and I am incredibly impressed by this Champion Bass Boat that is almost 17years old!

The Champion 196 Elite has been a Great tool for Tips Outdoors and the fishing and outdoors education we provide to kids, families, really anyone!

I made the drive from Minnesota to look at and buy the boat. Definitely worth the time and effort.

Mark Tipler
    Founder & Executive Director
    Tips Outdoors Foundation
    www.tipsoutdoors.org
    Professional Angler
    NPAA Pro Member #100
    MN DNR Certified Outdoor Mentor - Mentor Trainer
    NASP Certified Archery Instructor

"Mentoring the Future of the Great Outdoors"

www.youtube.com/TipsOutdoors

www.facebook.com/TipsOutdoors

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tips View Post
    Lake Effect

I'm the Founder and Executive Director of the Tips Outdoors Foundation. We bought the 2001 Champion 196 Elite that was at Wieda's Marine. The boat has been fantastic! The boat was immaculate except for a minor repair to anchor the seats in place that are in perfect condition. The 200hp Mercury Optimax is solid and runs great! We have made some upgrades as far as all new LED lights in the trailer and throughout the boat including all new custom LED toggle switches to give all the switch panels an up to date 2017 look and function.

I was with Ranger Boats for 18 years. I have been dealing with some severe health challenges and this is the first boat in over 20years that I have ran that's not a Ranger and I am incredibly impressed by this Champion Bass Boat that is almost 17years old!

The Champion 196 Elite has been a Great tool for Tips Outdoors and the fishing and outdoors education we provide to kids, families, really anyone!

I made the drive from Minnesota to look at and buy the boat. Definitely worth the time and effort.

Mark Tipler
    Founder & Executive Director
    Tips Outdoors Foundation
    www.tipsoutdoors.org
    Professional Angler
    NPAA Pro Member #100
    MN DNR Certified Outdoor Mentor - Mentor Trainer
    NASP Certified Archery Instructor

"Mentoring the Future of the Great Outdoors"

www.youtube.com/TipsOutdoors

www.facebook.com/TipsOutdoors

Hi and welcome, make sure to check the dates on threads that you’re posting on.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Welcome, Tips! Looking forward to your input on our great boats!!

5. Member
    I recently rejoined the Champion family with a 2001 196 elite. I’m trying to find an owner’s manual so that I can track down some of the wiring for the exterior and compartment lights and a couple of switches that I’m not sure what they operate (by the cigarette lighter plug, next to driver’s seat). None are currently working and the previous owner claims that even the live wells have lighting. I’m also looking for the test place/least expensive place to purchase compartment lid gas springs. Otherwise it’s a good goat and everything else works as it should. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12