Sebile Magic Swimmer

A friend's son is a swimbait nut and catches some big fish on both hard and soft swimbaits. I have had some success with soft swimbaits, but I have zero experience with hard swim baits. But, today I had a table at a fisherman's swap meet today and the guy at the table behind mine had a bunch he was trying to sell. He was selling Sebile Magic Swimmers for $5.00 each. At that price, I bought two. They are the 145 mm, 1 1/2 oz, fast sinking baits.

I am assuming that 15-20 pound copolymer line and a flipping rod with a flexible tip is the way to go. Correct? But, after I make the cast, how do I fish these things?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    what type of waters do you fish? Depth? Clarity? LMB or SMB?
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

3. Member
    I didn't know they made a 145, I've got 125's and 165's and the ones I have are slow sink. I throw the 165 on an older Team Daiwa flippin stick, same rod I use for shellcrackers and the 125 on a Sglass cranking rod. For the most part I fish it 2 ways. In the spring I use it like a jerkbait and in the summer I burn them over the tops of submerged grass. I've had a few times when it was just what they wanted and outfished a jerkbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguyone View Post
    what type of waters do you fish? Depth? Clarity? LMB or SMB?
    LMB & SMB. I would only likely fish the Magic Swimmer in clearer water lakes, as it appears to be a bait that fish would hit by sight, not vibration. The LMB clear water lakes I fish have grass. I was thinking that working these baits over grass or along the outside grass line would be the ticket. I was more concerned about equipment to use and how to work the bait.

willwork4fish - Thanks for the info!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Banned
    I’m trying to figure these out my self. It’s hard to get any info from guys. They are kinda a quiet bait that’s not talked about a lot. They work good on spot lakes with herring. My question is what’s best line floro or mono?

6. Member
    When they came out I know I paid around 15 bucks per and still have them. Honestly they look brand new,never caught anything on them
    Red Sox in 6!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    When they came out I know I paid around 15 bucks per and still have them. Honestly they look brand new,never caught anything on them
    Pm sent