Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    The perfect LiveScope would be incorporated into the Garmin Force trolling motor, with the capability of spot-locking onto a specific fish so you would not have to touch the trolling motor again until you either catch it or want to lock onto another fish/target. Hands free LiveScoping would be the ultimate catching tool.

I would like to be able to see right and left SI views individually on a split screen combo. Such as right side on top left on the bottom. This would be a plus for those that troll.

3. Member
    I would like to see Garmin put a LS transducer in the Force trolling motor and add electronic switching to control the individual views. I believe it is possible and it would really make for a clean installation. The downside for the consumer would be the price tag but I'm sure folks would buy it.
    2013 Stratos 189vlo
    2013 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS 1B964117

We need the ability to turn on/off Ultra units independently when networked together!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    You may already know but you can sleep one device if you want to save power.

6. Member
    The ability to view Mercury engine data in a combo screen for Echomap Ultra units. I purchased a Mercury Smartcraft Connect thinking I would be able to view engine data, map and depth information on the same 12-inch screen. Right now, you can only view engine data as a full screen, preventing access to other important information while running to the next location.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    We need the ability to turn on/off Ultra units independently when networked together!!!
    I can do this, I think.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by grayth View Post
    The ability to view Mercury engine data in a combo screen for Echomap Ultra units. I purchased a Mercury Smartcraft Connect thinking I would be able to view engine data, map and depth information on the same 12-inch screen. Right now, you can only view engine data as a full screen, preventing access to other important information while running to the next location.
    Does this count are are you wanting more? This is on 93sv UHD

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Does this count are are you wanting more? This is on 93sv UHD
    Thanks Bill, I wasn't aware that some engine data could be displayed as an overlay so that helps. I was looking for the ability to create a combo screen that displays Mercury VesselView info. There is an image on Garmin's Mercury Integration page that displays this option on a GPSMap unit.

10. Member
    The ability to follow contours using Garmin MFDs communicating with Garmin Reactor auto pilot systems!

This really should be relatively easy to accomplish in a system where a Garmin MFD is networked to a Garmin auto pilot system considering this functionality has been available for years with Hummingbird graphs networked to Minn Kota trolling motors.

I for one do not believe that Hummingbird MFDs and Minn Kota trolling motors are more advanced than Garmin MFDs and auto pilot systems.

C’mon Garmin, you can do this.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

11. Member
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    I was afraid of that. So our only hope is Garmin gets better lawyers or we need to hope we’re still kickin in 2031.

13. Member
    Also it's all in the money. How much does a company want for the right for another company to use what is contained in a patent and how much is that company willing to pay. Sometimes they work it out.

Garmin's workaround is for the user to create a route that happens to be on a contour and then their software can follow the route. An easier process to create a route would help mitigate this.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-27-2023 at 07:05 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    Agreed

15. Member
    I have this on my Pronav Marine attached to a Minnkota, follow a route drawn over a Navionics Map and selecting points over a contour line. It also has spotlock.

Not a new feature but an old one they stopped offering

should have a settings option to save each trip/day as a separate track automatically like the old units use too
    Last edited by MichAngler; 04-29-2023 at 11:30 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

17. Member
    An arrow on the force remote that shows which way the propeller is pointing.

18. Member
    The ability to text coordinates and waypoints from one active captain account to another and transfer them to your UHD.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617