Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Nice day on the water with all the 4-8'' bass you ever wanted in C dock. Go Crappie fishing and catch bass after bass, makes for good fun, take the kids they will have a blast
    I did not know there are crappie in the upper bay. Are they decent size (10"+)? Are they pretty abundant? Are the spread out over the bay or in just certain rivers?

My youngest isn't much into fishing but he does like to dunk minnows for crappie. Sorry for all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    I did not know there are crappie in the upper bay. Are they decent size (10"+)? Are they pretty abundant? Are the spread out over the bay or in just certain rivers?

My youngest isn't much into fishing but he does like to dunk minnows for crappie. Sorry for all the questions.
    Crappie in most marinas in the upper bay, and sometimes nice sized too! Also you will run into yellow perch, and bass also! Minnows work great, but so do little crappie tubes and grubs with a lil smelly jelly. Good Luck

They are all over, just a matter of finding them.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Awesome, thanks.

Went out for a few hours today. Only saw 3-4 other bass boats out. Caught 2 keepers and a few shorts. Nice day just a tad bit windy. Believe it or not the water in the NE was 50-52 degrees depending on where I was. Both keepers were white in color like they had been deep and they came out of about 8 - 9' of water hitting a 2.5 KVD. The fish don't know it's 50+ degree's and they should be feeding heavy. Could only get a few shorty's on the buddies.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    I may just have to make it out one more time this weekend.

Happy new year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12